TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Boost!!!
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys after tonight, I'm out of the tbird game... the wife just totaled our bird... she's fine, but the car isn't. Guess there's gonna be a part out in my future... glad my wife is ok, but I'm beyond frustrated. Not sure how to put up pics, but as soon as I figure it out I'll post them. I posted it to our Facebook group. It seems mechanically fine. It still runs good,but everything in front of the front left tire is gone.?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Ahhhh man Im sorry for your loss. Hopefully you can find another bird to swap parts over to. Its a good thing nobody got hurt, T-Birds are pretty safe cars to drive.

·
Administrator
8,218 Posts
Sorry to hear the news Blake, good to hear that everyone is ok.

Up for rebuilding another car with parts from yours?

Joe

·
Super Moderator
12,555 Posts
Glad she's ok.

She totaled the Silver Slut or another Bird?

I've lost track of which cars you have.

·
Boost!!!
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No she didn't total the slut. She did jump a ditch with it, but I fixed that. I had to part out the slut last year, because people kept hitting it in parking lots, and running... This was darrens old bird that got wrecked yesterday

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,526 Posts
Dang, that's rotten luck.

Looks like all the important bits got spared though, if you're up to a parts transfer. I myself am facing that dilemma with my bird (if I can't find a competent shop to fix it)...

·
Super Moderator
12,555 Posts
Did the airbags deploy?

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Just saw the pictures and thread on FB. Glad your wife is OK. Cars can be replaced, people, not so much.

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,526 Posts
I was gonna have the re-emergent rocker panel rust repaired this winter but the shop says it's too fargone to fix. I want to get a couple more opinions before I let it rot away/transfer the parts to a rust-free chassis. I've got too much of a sentimental attachment to give up on it... :(

·
Super Moderator
12,555 Posts
So sorry to see this Blake. Best wishes with whichever route you go.

·
Registered
29 Posts
That really sucks but I bet you could fix that just need a new front clip.. hood and fender.. and alignment.. check car-part.com they have lots of stuff for these cars in the bone yard

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
That really sucks but I bet you could fix that just need a new front clip.. hood and fender.. and alignment.. check car-part.com they have lots of stuff for these cars in the bone yard
Probably needs more than an alignment considering how far back the wheel is pushed. I wouldn't be surprised to need new front end suspension parts, radiator, battery, AC condenser + recharge, and then the frame itself may need to be re-aligned. Plus the airbags in the interior, usually destroys part of the dash / steering wheel cover. The list gets pretty long and pricey if you want to bring it all back - cheaper to buy a replacement Tbird at the rates theyre going for now. Id cut my losses at that point, somebody please crash into my 94 SC so I can collect an insurance check and transfer the engine into my 95 SC.

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts
You're a welder; make a device that stuffs it into the road in front of the ups/fedex/postal service truck or something.

All you need is plausible deniability; I've been watching TV. :)

:rofl:

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
You're a welder; make a device that stuffs it into the road in front of the ups/fedex/postal service truck or something.

All you need is plausible deniability; I've been watching TV. :)

:rofl:

Hmm, this looks suspicious.

No seriously, all I need is for somebody to rear end me. My neck already hurts, I just need somebody to blame. :wink2:

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Id cut my losses at that point, somebody please crash into my 94 SC so I can collect an insurance check and transfer the engine into my 95 SC.
Where is it located? I have a bulldozer with an attitude looking for something to break....

modularbird - I am truly sorry to hear that you and the wife got in a accident. Been there done that and all I can say is thank God you are okay. Get your necks checked for soft tissue damage... add that to the insurance claim. Otherwise, you live with it for the rest of your life.

This reminds me, I need to get my Cougar to the insurance and get it appraised for what I put into it the last 3 years.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts