TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First pass 10.11 @ 139.19 mph 60ft was 1.52

Then we ran into a tuning issue car was going straight to third gear any how I managed a 1.47 60 ft time but the car shifted right to 3rd gear after the 1-2 shift still fighting the issues car went 10.04 @ 137 manually shifting on a 1.49 60ft finally figured out shifting issues and the converter quit locking and at that point everthing was to hot, with no chance to cool down if only we would have figured out the trans issue, any how I'm running Mickey Thompson new radial pro which is 275/60/15, if I could have got the 1.47 60 ft with the trans working, it definetly has a 9 in it but I'm afraid the trans is not up to the task of locking in second any more.
Ps the car does not have a roll bar nor is it getting one any body who know me, know I can't crawl over a roll bar with my legs, so we don't wanna here about no roll bar, and I think neibret agrees with me here!

Robert

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,432 Posts
10.04? That puts you within a hair's distance of claiming the top 4.6 powered MN12 slot, does it not? :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm certain it will go 9s but this motor was not built for this lol I'm suprised it's held up

Robert

·
Registered
629 Posts
Congrats, sooooo close.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Prolly the crank shaft, that and the only arp bolts are the head studs

·
Registered
81 Posts
Prolly the crank shaft, that and the only arp bolts are the head studs
Yea but have you ever heard of a crank brake in a 4.6L? or a arp head bolt streching?

·
50 years of Mercury Cougar 1967/2017
1,266 Posts
Nice.
The hardest .04 seconds ever are the next 4.
Are you running pump e85?
Summer blend has a higher octane rating.
Or you can buy Rocket E85. 112 octane.

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
Yea but have you ever heard of a crank brake in a 4.6L? or a arp head bolt streching?

I have. With enough boost you can lift the head off the block. Not anything that would be visible, but it can be enough to disrupt the headgasket seal.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Just pump e85 and we did datalog. Chung changed a setting cause the 1-2-3 shift, regardless... oh well. Also the converter was locking then once we fixed the issue it wasn't locking. I plan to go back and take Ricky with me we will get that 9 on this crappy motor.

Found an issue tonight, the catch can was not catching vapors they were oil crap all in the tube after blower so I said hmm, pulled off per blower and more oil, so the catch can is gone been reading they let the oil right thru on high boost applications and the blower sucking on the one valve cover hose, here again I know not to use breathers in a centrifugal setup. I've learned something else tonight, so now I gotta clean all the crap out and the plugs were pulled and look perfect, I've got and antifreeze leak and I'm guessing I've got a cracked cylinder wall cuase its not the heads lifting.

I'll checkout some more but this has been going on a while and I've pressure tested the system with no loss, slim stumped here, oh we'll it still runs like a bat outta of he//. There was a GTR there today would have been a good race but he would have out mph me.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I've know they will lift with stock head bolts. Just never seen it with the regular arp studs like Rob has now is all. I we are going to use arp2000 studs with the boss block. I just think the regular arp's are fine.

·
Super Moderator
12,396 Posts
The proofs in the puddin' ! :tongue:

Congrats Rob. :zbeer:I'm sure you'll land that 9 soon.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's ashame that 10.04 was a back to back run no cool down

·
Super Moderator
12,396 Posts

·
̇
3,701 Posts
Nice runs Rob!

Looking forward to seeing you get your first 9.99 time slip..

:thumbsup:

Rayo..

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
What's the solution to the lockup issues?

1 - 20 of 100 Posts