TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my car is at the tinters right now. I'm gettin 2% on the back 3 (yes, that is gonna be really dark) and about 20 % on the front 2. I'm goin out on a limb with the front 2 but I hope the cops will leave me alone. I have that feeling of uneasiness I always get when someone else works on my car and I'm not there to see it though.

·
The Parts Guy
7,360 Posts
Man, good luck at backing up at night. It's hard enough with the 20% that I have on my back three windows.

At least you won't be blinded by headlights in the rearview mirror. :tongue:

-Rod

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, I went and got it and they are dark. I found out about backing up at work tonight too, it was rough. Oh well, thats the only gripe I can find right now... until I start getting tickets for the front two windows.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I have 5% all around(I know it's illegal no one has to tell me), I have to roll the windows down and use the mirrors at night to back up. I didn't even know they made 2%.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea, I didn't know they made 2% either. The guy said he was the only one in the town that had it. I guess it doesn't really make a difference but oh well.

·
Premium Member
2,546 Posts
well with me having to go into get my cougar inspected cuz its a 96 I won't be getting dark up front. Now the back is a totally different story. I'm thinkign 15 on the back 3 and then 35 on the front.

nm they have changed the laws since I was in Criminal Justice and now its 35 all the way around :( There used to be no limit on the back... bastards.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Since we're on the subject of tint here....A big F.Y.I. for all who may not know....Don't EVER clean your windows with any cleaners that contain ammonia...i.e..blue windex,purple windex....That is what causes tint to turn purple and look like *****!! I'm sure everyone has seen a car with purple tint...right?
I myself like to use Eagle One 20/20 window cleaner...just make sure whatever you use is safe for tinted windows...It'll say so right on the bottle...
Erik

·
The Parts Guy
7,360 Posts
:eek: And I thought tint was expensive here in Missouri. Average tint prices around here are about $260 for all five windows on a Tbird, with the rear glass done in one piece.

-Rod

·
Registered
251 Posts
maiden_fan said:
Yea, I went and got it and they are dark. I found out about backing up at work tonight too, it was rough. Oh well, thats the only gripe I can find right now... until I start getting tickets for the front two windows.
Depending on what part of Michigan you live in, the tints are cop magnets. I have 5% on my 93 and have had to deal with I think every police agnecy in north Oakland County. I hate them, they hate me...

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
sriddccrocks said:
o yea, i meant for tickets, not to get the tint done, shoulda mentioned that
I think around here it's just a fix it ticket. I couldn't really tell you though. I'm planning on getting mine done this summer or this fall (20%). Not touching the front windows, I really don't want to have to deal with the cops. Although, since i'm never in my home state, I may try it with 20% all the way around. :zdunno:

·
Registered
974 Posts
do it all around, not doing the front windows just looks silly.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, I've gone a whole week with no trouble from the cops yet and I've seen a few so I don't know, maybe they are just lazy. I asked the guy about cleaning it and he said it was alright to use the windex and stuff as long as I didnt do it like once a week, but I plan on using the stuff that's safe for tinted windows just to be sure.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts