TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got here really late friday, it was a really really long trip. i think it was a total of around 26hrs of travel. not too much else going on here, i just want to get to work and get into a routine so i can get this over with.

oh and i saw a bird on base today, i'll have to see if i can get some pictures and maybe give the guy a card.

·
Super Moderator
11,919 Posts
Don't step in the kemshi!

·
Super Moderator
11,919 Posts
It's also slang for SH1T and trouble. As in Deep SH1T or trouble. Ask any GI that's been to Korea.:usa:

See also: Kimchi Squat

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im at osan which is about 50 miles south of the DMZ, so far it isnt too bad. im staying off base until tomorrow when i get my dorm room. i really just want to get settled in and get to work. i sure to miss being in the states and cruising in the bird, and its only been a few days lol. oh well, i'll just day dream about all the mods im doing once i get back.

oh and i dont really like asian food or cabbage so i dont think i'll be trying any of the kimchi crap.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
probably, but there are about 8 different places on base, chilis among them so i should be good. besides, it will keep me from spending money that i can use to build my big bore.:D

·
Registered
811 Posts
Funny you said you seen a bird over there. I have seen three here so far. A early 90's, a 94-5 and a 96-7. The 96-7 is the only one in good shape, the other two are getting ate up. I am going to get a damn ticket when I get to the states, hitting 90-105 everyday is just too much fun! :D

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I am Retired from the Army, and had 4 tours in Korea. 3 of them were near the DMZ, and 1 just south of Osan, at Camp Humphries. Great memories. If the Army knew how much fun I had there, they would take my Retirment money back. :) Take some of the tours that they offer on base, and see some of the country.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Bruce, where were you in Germany? I was reading you article and you were talking about the Autobaun and how your quarter mile beast was out of water so to speak, it made me laugh. I couldn't imagine driving my bird around here, it's nuts! :D

·
Banned
538 Posts
Glad to hear that you made it ok man, Hmmm.... i wonder what all is made in korea that I can use LOL

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
RAYBROADWAY said:
Bruce, where were you in Germany? I was reading you article and you were talking about the Autobaun and how your quarter mile beast was out of water so to speak, it made me laugh. I couldn't imagine driving my bird around here, it's nuts! :D
I was in Germany 2 times. The 1st time I was up in Kassel, which was an ASA site then. The 2nd tour I was in Baumholder for 1 year, and Laundstuhl for 2 years. The time I was in Laundstuhl, I was in a 12 man detachment and only saw our Comander once every 6 months. Was great, with half of us on a 3 day pass every week.

·
Registered
811 Posts
392Bird said:
I was in Germany 2 times. The 1st time I was up in Kassel, which was an ASA site then. The 2nd tour I was in Baumholder for 1 year, and Laundstuhl for 2 years. The time I was in Laundstuhl, I was in a 12 man detachment and only saw our Comander once every 6 months. Was great, with half of us on a 3 day pass every week.
Small world....I'm in Landstuhl now. I hear ya about being with a small unit, the is only a child sized hand full of us here.....so you get the idea. ;)

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
we want pics!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts