TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...Well, I went to the track tonite for the first time ever!!! We went to the local 1/8 mile track. I went with my buddy who has an '03 Cobra. Well, here they are. It was quite fun. I was pretty nervous for my first two runs, but then I settled down. I couldnt get any traction out of the hole though.

Run 1 Run 2

1.054 R/T 0.788

2.432 60' 2.562

83.33 MPH 85.07

9.340 E/T 9.393

Run 3 Run 4

1.128 R/T 1.218

2.467 60' 2.536

83.33 MPH 84.59

9.438 E/T 9.389

I really dont know what I should be running in my LS1. I know that if I get my 60' down my E/T will drop, but that is all I really know...

BTW, my buddy was running 8.060 and 8.085.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Definately need work on your RT (even though it doesn't count in ET) and 60'. I can pull better 60' times from my taurus (FWD, runs high 15s).

Is it a 5-speed? better to bog than spin the tires. Either way, don't floor it, you have to ease into the throttle.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah...

...It is a 6 speed. I kept trying to ease out then jump on it, but I guess my anxiety didnt allow me to do that. You can see that on my second run, I did the best on my R/T, but I did spin like crazy. The first run, I didnt turn off my traction control, so I didnt spin much, but I did lose power off the line instead of spinning. So on the second run, it kind of startled me when I just started spinning, because I did try to jump the light. I know I have a lot of driving work to do, and with the driving work, I will see better E/T's. I guess that a lot of it is getting a feel for it. On one of my runs, my friend in the '03 Cobra dropped off, and when I noticed that he had dropped off, I banged the rev limiter. I think that was on my third run. Well, I will definitely be going out there again, and hopefully, I will be able to get the hang of it! I guess I just Suck at driving!!! LOL!! :D :D :D :tongue:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Definetly ease into the power, you may even want to try gunning the line in 2nd gear...You get less spin in the begining, plus shave time off from not having to do a shift. My dad and I went racing in his 2000 C5 and did pretty good launcing from 2nd. You track may also suck, too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts