TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want give any times just yet, as it was awfully warm here today and I could not get the car to shift to 3rd, I manged to let completely off after nailing the limiter and getting back on it to make one complete pass but not a full wide open throttle pass, In 2 of the others runs I managed a 1.57 60 ft then my last pass twisted the half shaft off, so I've got it back togethor with 2 new shafts that are genuine ford axles, also the pass was on 19 degrees of timing, the car was tuned at 24 degrees so there is a lot of power left on the table, ill just say the time in my signature is no we're near what it ran today so I'm still waiting on a complete full pass so stay tuned

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
So what kind of half shafts did you snap? Gen2 marks are supposedly tough as it gets with ford parts. Or manual SC fat shafts...

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just my stock 95 shaft it didnt snap the shaft those it broke right behind the outer hub, very surprised it broke there as my cobra snapped at outer joint, very strange I'm sure the car is capable of some easy 1.55 60fts but time will tell, once I get a full on full throttle pass

·
West Virginia Chapter Director /, MA Drag Race Te
2,643 Posts
Congrats Robert

Thats the same place mine keeps breaking the stock Ford halfshafts.

That is much better in the launching department. I'm figuring you made some changes to the converter/tranny along with the additional power.

Congrats on the new 60 ft times.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The trans is the same setup I've had the extra torque and power is what has helped

Robert

·
Super Moderator
12,416 Posts
Congrats Rob. I'm glad to see you're getting some T&T times before the Thanksgiving meet.

I think the Mark VIII LCA's and DLF bushings helped to tighten up the slop in the rear and probably helped with your 60's as well ...

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The power helped mainly no belt slip 4 pounds of extra boost at 4000 rpms

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
Dang, that sucks. Hopefully you'll get the shifts right again.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Congrats Rob!

Al

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lol i dunno if that will fit

al i can say is ive fixed a few things in tune, if it all works out the 1/4 mile time and speed is gonna be nasty, but we shall see only time will tell, any guesses on what it run gmaestro areday knows what it ran so he cant guess

·
West Virginia Chapter Director /, MA Drag Race Te
2,643 Posts
Robert

I'll take a shot at it.

Somewhere around a 10.2-10.3 135-137 MPH. With the E85 (Alky) and the current horsepower it should be able to go 9's, combination dependent.

Take extra halfshafts cause you'll need them before the end of the day.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea 9s are possible but alot of what ifs I've got going on, and the big issue is the 2-3 shift I had this issue last year but not near as bad as know, regardless it's done I'm outta blower, and I doubt I'll be upgrading it, the car is still a weight pig pushing almost 3800 with me in it with the amount of gas needed, I guess this Sunday will tell if weather holds out,

Robert

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
I'd say 10.20 @ 136 mph.

·
Super Moderator
12,416 Posts
Faster than 10.32 @ 133.95 :tongue:

I honestly hope Mike joins us. That would be awesome!

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes but mike has ran 10.02 but I'm certain 10.20s want be a problem

My issues will be in the 60ft range, low 1.5x should be with in range if the back tires will grip

I got my go pro so I am ready

·
Super Moderator
12,416 Posts
Cool you bought a GoPro!

Another camera to record the great racing!

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
go pro 3 black edition

·
Registered
652 Posts
sounds like car is launching pretty damn hard!! Congrats on the 60'

As for those shafts, NO matter what brand, make, model or car that they come out of, they will always break at the same point....right behind the hub. unless he bearing are already shot.

I do believe the MAMN12 guys have broke the most half shafts than anyone and that includes me breaking 3 them myself. I broke two off in the same day at the track with a 5spd SC.

I cant wait to see that bird fly on the 25th!!

1 - 20 of 72 Posts