TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys, I was on my way home from work Friday night and apparently I hit some black ice and wrecked my car. I don't remember anything that happened about ten minutes prior to about 12 hours after. They tell me I slid off the right side of the road, spun 180 degrees, and backed it into a telephone pole airborne at about 40-45 mph. I got a helicopter ride, a night in the hospital, a killer headache and a head full of stitches out of the deal. Plus I have to decide what to do with my car now. I might try to post some pictures later if I can figure out how.

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
Hey, You are alive! To hell with the car. Just happy that you are able to sit down and tell us about it!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Glad you are ok...

Cars can be replaced. I know it is hard not to think about the car...someone was looking out for you. Hope you fully recover quick.

·
Super Moderator
13,652 Posts
Glad you're OK. Now you can take that nice insurance check and "upgrade" from the '94 to a '97.

·
SuperNewbie
1995 Thunderbird LX 4.6 red
3,166 Posts
Yeah that sounds like a pretty rough accident. Be glad the Bird took the hit for you as well as it did. Glad you still with us.

·
Registered
647 Posts
car dont matter, it's replaceable. You're not. Someone wanted you alive, maybe desined for great things :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
That's nuts! If all you got was a few stitches in your head you're a lucky man. I have to see some pictures of this carnage. Glad you're ok.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys. The car is going from the tow yard to a relatives house tomorrow so I'll be able to get some decent pics up soon. I'll probably end up trying to sell it but I'm not sure yet.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I finally got some pictures guys. How do I post them?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Well you need to host the pics somewhere. I personally use www.photobucket.com

Its free. Once you have the photos uploaded you can link to the photos.

·
Super Moderator
13,652 Posts
Wow! Once again, glad you're ok. What are your plans for the car?

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
wow! im also glad to hear your ok. but i think i would rather have hit it in the rear than the front. that could have been worse. its just really great you are ok!

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Good to hear your doing well. Strange thing is after seeing the pics, it almost looks like there is NO damage to the quarters or roofline at all, just damage to the trunk floor and lid. Heck, the tailights aren't even broken, lol.. Almost looks fixable. Of course I can't see underneath to look at what all got shoved forward. Did it get to the rearend at all?

Jay

1 - 20 of 28 Posts