TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as you guys know, I recently got new wheels/tires, took it to get an alignment, and found out I needed new tie rods, front hubs, rear upper control arm bushings, and rear knuckle bushings.

I got all that replaced, and got it in to be aligned today (payday, woot!).

This is what the wheels were like. I know I am probably a little to do with the front alignment, but not much. I counted the turns on the tie rods and matched them up, they were very close.

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts
I've tried a dozen times to set these cars back after rebuilding everything; I've never done it successfully. :)

I quit trying, and just make an appointment to get it aligned afterwards now; it saves time and frustration.

BTW, setting it up with the numbers in the Article makes it drive Much better.

Reactions: Woodman

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've tried a dozen times to set these cars back after rebuilding everything; I've never done it successfully. :)

I quit trying, and just make an appointment to get it aligned afterwards now; it saves time and frustration.

BTW, setting it up with the numbers in the Article makes it drive Much better.
Yeah, I know. I forgot to grab the document before I went to get it aligned. I tell you what though, it drives MUCH better than it did when I bought it.

I knew I'd need an alignment after doing the work, but it was already bad enough that you could see the toe out on the front wheels with it straight ahead.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts