TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From last year I put on U/D pullies, 75mm Throttle Body, 75mm Intake elbow, Brain Coated and ported exhaust manifolds, Lightning MAF, marauder T/C, and an aluminum drive shaft. I only picked up 3 rwhp after the tune. Any ideas? We were having a real tough time getting the T/C to lock up but once we did, the power still wasnt there. With a good A/F ratio it only put down 219rwhp. I did have 3.27's in last time and 3.73's in this time, they were trying to attribute some of the lack of power to the gears. I trust these guys that they wouldnt screw me over, maybe I have a problem somewhere else in the car?

·
5,650 Posts
The only mod you did that was good for power was the exhaust manifolds. Everything else helps to make the car quicker. The TB, elbow, and MAF are overkill for your power levels though. You also have to consider the conditions (i.e. temp, humidity, different dyno, etc.)

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Wow.... Gain of 3HP? How much money did you spend for all of the parts?

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
ouch.. so those mods only help throttle response?

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
was it the same dyno and was this on a dynojet or a mustang dyno?

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
yup, 3HP sounds right considering your have the equivalent of an intake with coffee stirrer runners, and head ports like tunnels in an ant hill
I think he has an explorer engine in it, not the stock engine.

-Rob

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
DO NOT beat yourself up over dyno numbers!!! The only numbers you need to be pleased with are the ones at the end of the 1/4.

I have seen this a million times. Sure, everyone wants to pull a good number at the dyno, but the truth of the matter is, most people I know leave a dyno dissapointed.

I went through this last year with my mustang. With bolt ons and a 100-shot, it only dynoed at 275HP. But at the track, it is a low 12.90's car and traps 107-108 and that is all I care about.

With all of your latest mods, if you can tell a difference in the performance of your car, than they are doing you some good regardless of what the dyno says.

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
I think he has an explorer engine in it, not the stock engine.

-Rob
i guess his signature space isnt used wisely then, because i sure as hell can't remember what engine everyone has in their car lol

i also question the ability of his tuners....."having a real tough time getting the T/C to lock"???....even the very first day i got my GUI EEC-Tuner chip i knew how to set the trans settings to lock it in any given gear, and to have the converter fully locked at any given mph setting-and-above.....so something just doesnt jive

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Guess I forgot to mention it is an 04 Explorer engine. oops.

It was dynoed at the same shop as last time, and it's a dynojet.

As far as the T/C lock up goes, the car has no output shaft speed sensor input. I dont know why, I have to trace that down (i'm having a pile of ground issues with this thing). We just set all the T/C lock up off of throttle position and set all the MPH to 0MPH since thats all the car was seeing.

I'm going to get it out on the track before taking it back that way I can feel what the car is doing.

Brandon

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
DO NOT beat yourself up over dyno numbers!!! The only numbers you need to be pleased with are the ones at the end of the 1/4.

I have seen this a million times. Sure, everyone wants to pull a good number at the dyno, but the truth of the matter is, most people I know leave a dyno dissapointed.

I went through this last year with my mustang. With bolt ons and a 100-shot, it only dynoed at 275HP. But at the track, it is a low 12.90's car and traps 107-108 and that is all I care about.

With all of your latest mods, if you can tell a difference in the performance of your car, than they are doing you some good regardless of what the dyno says.
His quarter mile is not straight. It has 4 turns:D

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
I was thinking about this post a few hours ago and one question came to my head. How much torque was gained? Torque is the seat of the pants feel that makes things fun if I'm not mistaken. It also gets the car moving.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
you should have gained 3 hp with the under drive pulleys, so there is something else not right, you should be in the 225-230 rwhp

Robert

1 - 15 of 15 Posts