TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So thought I was going to stay home to watch the Sprint Cup race but then I got a text from our local 1/4 track at 6:30am saying that the last race of the season started at 9:30am lol I got up real quick then started to bug my fiance about going. We had originally planed on staying home to watch her Redskins game and the Sprint Cup race but come on, I could race ON my BIRTHDAY !

We packed up and headed over to Steve Dugan's house to pick up his jack/lug wrench. After about 15mins of driving Steve calls us to see if we wanted breakfast and that Linda would have it ready by the time we got there...if you know Linda you know not to pass on her meals :grin2: We thought Steve was going to get ready for hunting season but he decided to tag along with his stock/clean '96 Cougar XR-7. Anyway, the track conditions were VERY good so we made about 4-5 passes. I beat my previous best([email protected]) and ran this-

R/T - .067
60'- 2.150
330- 6.210
660- 9.459 @ 75.20mph
1000'- 12.244
1/4- 14.567 @ 99mph

I still couldn't get my 100mph !! :mad: At Summer Blast I was running high 14's/low 15's all at 99mph. It's like my car doesn't want to go 100mph lol I should have removed the rear seat and all the junk from the trunk haha.
We all had a great time and can't wait till next year... hope to have a tune and gears but I should have at least a tune. Thanks again Steve for having Liz and I over for breakfast and dinner ! And for the help at the track :D

Chris C.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Congrats!

Which car and engine did you run the times with? Sig is a little confusing.

Al

·
West Virginia Chapter Director /, MA Drag Race Te
2,643 Posts
Congrats!

Which car and engine did you run the times with? Sig is a little confusing.

Al
Al,

Its the 4.6 DOHC Lincoln motor swapped into his 91 Tbird. All stock tune and 3.08 gears I believe!!!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Opps, yeah sorry about that ! My bird has everything from my '94 Lincoln Mark Vlll so Engine,trans,suspension,rear end and interior. Also it is all stock except for muffler delete and gutted 3rd cat.

Chris C.

·
West Virginia Chapter Director /, MA Drag Race Te
2,643 Posts
Sounds like a good day at the track! :zbeer:
JP, those were the best track conditions I've seen at Mason Dixon in years!!! They were working the track, traction was at a premium even on the PRO cars. Elevation was at or under sea level most of the day.

So I can honestly say "Optimum" track conditions. A rarity there LOL!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts