TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I had a 2800 Stall TC put into the car and a mildly agressive J-Mod.

I'll let the pics do the talking :)

My Car in the shop

Tranny out of the car

Valvebody

More VB fun

More VB

New TC

All Done!

And now... for the result:

(709 kb) Look what I can do!!

The install never had any problems, and a LOT of critical parts were replaced that really needed it (O/D Band, Intermediate clutches, etc.). This tranny job just added a bunch of life and a LOT of fun into the car. Alan did a fantastic job and I recommend him to anyone seriously considering this mod.

It is well worth the money!

John

·
Administrator
8,248 Posts
Did you install one of Alan's custom TC's?

Joe

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yessir.

:D

·
Administrator
8,248 Posts
dirtyd0g said:
That was an 11&1/4 converter. It cost $400 plus core
Installed?

Joe

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rodeo Joe said:
Installed?

Joe
I believe it was.

It's worth the money. No doubt in that.

·
Registered
658 Posts
would l be able to use that TC for my car or would i be better of using a different one?

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
No $400 is not the installed price that just covers the converter. We also had to install a markVIII flexplate. We then J-mod the trans and installed a rear lube mod as well as replaceing the od band welding the snapring on the md drum and replaced the intermediate clutches with later style clutches.
All totalled this was a $1000 project including parts and labor.
Alan

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
thunderchicken17 said:
would l be able to use that TC for my car or would i be better of using a different one?
Yes that will work for you ,but you will need a markVIII flexplate to use it.
Alan

·
Registered
513 Posts
with changing the od band does that allow for wot od shifts?

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts
Pretty much nothing is going to allow WOT 3-4 shifts, at least not for long. I have the broken hard parts to prove it.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I spent the extra money and went the extra mile with this project, because I wanted a strong transmission that would not fail when I decided to boogie on or off the track.

Nearly everything I paid for needed replacing in the first place, isn't that right Alan? Clutches and I knew before I walked in there I needed the O/D band replaced.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Yes everything needed replaced in that unit that we replaced. The od band was fried and the intermediate clutches were as well. The intermediate clutches looked like they got run over by a train :) That is very common for pre 98 clutches.
Alan

1 - 20 of 46 Posts