TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After much research and painstaking debating, I went with a Canon i550 bubble jet printer. I am impressed with the speed of the black text, but I am even more impressed with the borderless 4x6 quality.

This printer has:

-18ppm black, 11 ppm color
-Separated ink cartridges (black, cyan, magenta, yellow.. each costing about 9 bucks apiece)
-"Quiet" mode... no more noisy Epsons
-Automatic shutoff, so you don't have to leave it on all the time.
-1200x4800 dpi color
-600x600 dpi black

I printed a copy of my resume, less than 5 seconds later... it shot right out. I also printed a borderless 4x6 photo... had my graphic not been a compressed JPG, and had it been taken with a much higher grade camera, it would look even better than it already does. I'm very impressed with the quality.

But most of all... $150 with $30 mail in rebate = $120 ! Excellent price for what you get... including full cartridges (not starters) and USB support.

Canon also makes an i850, which has a 2 picoliter drop size for even finer detail (over the i550's 4 picoliter).. but I wanted to save myself about $60.

Canon has my business from now on... I highly recommend this printer if anyone's in the market for an everyday printer that can still do photos, and not cost an arm and a leg.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts