TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if your not there you're a chicken ****.

stick 2 bucks a day away in a jar and youll have enough money to go so no more excuses about i dont have money, blah blah blah dont wanna hear it. tell your boss tomorrow morning you need to take the 18-21 of may off so you can go. do this tomorrow, dont wanna hear ohh i cant get the time off cause its to late to ask for it off, dont wanna hear it.

seriously, im really tired of hearing about people telling everyone to get a meet together, and then when one is setup, no one shows up. YOU GOT 5 MONTHS TO GET YOUR STUFF TOGETHER FIVE MONTHS!!!!!!!!!

so whos gonna be there?

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
I guess I don't wanna break my streak. I'm the only person I know who's done all 8 previous years. :D

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Carlisle is June 2-4, and I'll be at that and WFC working, so shine your car up nice or put it on the track and I may put you in the magazine...

Edit: Sorry, Spanish skills not so good. WFC is in St. Louis.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Where is it going to be. St. Louis?

·
Registered
425 Posts
hmm i graduate the 17th and my birthday is the 21st dunno bout this one

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
I'll try to go. Gonna put it in my phone right now.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Don't think the car will be together, but if it is I'll be there.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Count me in as a 100% (provided the earth stops spinning)

My plan is to have the debut of the swap with the interior finnish for the car show. Not going to race it but it should be well tuned by then.

A BUNCH of the mustang guys are doing the show all weekend and I'm going to start talking to them about maybe some "east side ballet's" tours as we like to call them.

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
#1 was in Bowling Green, KY. #2 was in Joliet, IL..... I've been to all 8 so far. :D

·
Registered
680 Posts
phreakness said:
Count me in as a 100% (provided the earth stops spinning)

My plan is to have the debut of the swap with the interior finnish for the car show. Not going to race it but it should be well tuned by then.

A BUNCH of the mustang guys are doing the show all weekend and I'm going to start talking to them about maybe some "east side ballet's" tours as we like to call them.
I've been across the river! I now have culture, lol.

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts
Expect this event to be a bust this year. Many race classes eliminated, and the outlaw payout cut in half.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
kdanner said:
Expect this event to be a bust this year. Many race classes eliminated, and the outlaw payout cut in half.
Bummer...any reason given as to why? Not enough attendance/show car participation last year?

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Real street, Pure Street and Hot Street between the 3 classes there were 12 cars.

im beginnning to think im going to bring the 03 or 66 and dump it in the car show and drink the weekend away.

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts
VicRattlehead said:
Real street, Pure Street and Hot Street between the 3 classes there were 12 cars.

im beginnning to think im going to bring the 03 or 66 and dump it in the car show and drink the weekend away.

Real street is still on this year. These classes are no more:

Renegade
Hot Street
Pure Street
Factory Stock

So every NA class is gone.

Plus outlaw pays $7,500 to win, not $15,000 anymore. Remember there is no contingency payout at this race. When you consider an outlaw car can race every weekend in the southeast for $10k to win on an 1/8th mile, and it's only a 1 day race with minimal travel expense, they are going to have a tough time drawing outlaw cars. Many are already saying they won't be attending.

As to the why, the handwriting has been on the wall the last 3 years or so, this type of racing is dying a slow death, car counts continue to dwindle. The #1 reason would be the constant expensive rule changes.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts