TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you could add three gauges to look at while racing or whatever which three would you have?

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
depends on the setup...but fuel pressure is an important one wether its NA or Boosted. AN Air/Fuel ratio meter also wether NA or Boosted. Both of those will let you know of a fuel problem that could otherwise lead to a blown motor. Oil pressure next ...no oil no more motor!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
A/F, Trans temp, mechanical oil pressure.

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
I've got the pod sitting in my garage and my plans are to fill it with a water temp, trans temp, and oil pressure gauge (all electric) to start off with.

If I ever go blown (i know, plans are like a-holes, everyone has them), I'll put something in place of the cubby with a boost gauge, AF, and voltmeter. Then the only thing I'll have to worry about in the factory cluster is the speedometer and the tach.

·
It is nice
885 Posts
after driving a 3.8 cougar for so long with that crappy cluster that nothing ever worked right, plus the infamous head gasket problem I'd definately like water temp as #1 lol. The other 2 depend on the car setup pretty much. I'd probably just add fuel pressure since I don't have it, and a/f I guess. For yourself maybe Water temp, Boost, and something else. :confused:

·
Registered
663 Posts
altitude, an artificial horizon and a flux capacitor amp gauge. :D

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Warped said:
altitude, an artificial horizon and a flux capacitor amp gauge. :D
Yeah.....just watch out for the 10.21 Jigga Watts.......:tongue:

Boost, air fuel mix, water temp

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
oil pressure, trans temp, water temp, and maybee later a/f ,fuel pressure ,

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
My Mustang is getting oil and fuel pressure at the top clock pod

Then oil temp, trans temp, and diff temp in a DIN 3 pak just below

Car is going to be a dyno queen part time, need to keep an eye on other temps for calibrations. Plus at the track if the diff gets over 200F might be time to stop running it.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
big mike said:
1.21 gigawatts, ya fool :tongue:
Oh I KNOW it was giga.....it's just that for the phonetics of the movie, the Doc....pronounced it Jigga watts.

(afterall......I are an Engineer......lol so Giga is a COMMON term....lol)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts