TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Hittin' Switches
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This probably isnt that big of a deal to anyone else, but i figured i would share.

Used to... from a start i would mash on the gas and it kinda wanted to bog down and not go anywhere really, still OK pickup but not fast or anything ya know, well i did some basic things to it and now if im turning a little bit around a corner or something and mash the gas, the back tires will break loose and spin! HUGE performance gain just from this. it will spin *not smoke* from a standstill too!

I just figured the lack of speed and all was from so much added weight, which does slow it down, but now its at least faster than a lawn mower ;-)

And check this out... Obunca and some of the guys said that the clicking noise it makes when you 1st crank it had been there for a long time, well im sure it had, but all i did was change the oil and its gone.

All ive done was put in a new mass air sensor, plugs, change the oil, and reset the computer.

Anyway.... Just figured i would share incase anyone else has been holding off on doing the little things.

Matt

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
The restoration of lubricity with the change of oil can mask (for a short period of time) the existing babbit damage. The damage is still there. As the oil wears, the sound (and continued damage) will continue I’m afraid.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Heh, You should get a high stall torque converter :) My car actually feels fast now! lol.

Keep that oil fresh :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts