TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wasted my whole morning:

My Cougar has been sitting in my parents driveway while waiting for a friend to remove his snowblower from his shed - where my car sits for storage all winter.

So, he calls this morning, saying he's got it out, and my car can be parked.

Well, we don't want to put our summer cars away dirty, right? I spent alot of time this morning pissing around getting hoses out, and washing my car in the friggen cold and getting her spotlessly clean.

Problem is - the damn thing got stuck on the lawn outside of the shed where she gets parked, and I had to spin my way out - resulting in one very muddy Cougar :mad:! I can't even clean her where she is because there is no water.

I really need a better storage spot, but at least this one is free. Will mud caked to the side of my Cat do any damage to the paint over the winter?

Damn 4.30's, 255 Gumball tires, and soft lawns!

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Nah, the mud shouldn't harm anything. As long as you keep a regular coat of wax on the car...which you do right? But at any rate, it should be fine.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Well what I would do is, Just once you get a half decent day, Zip over to the car wash just to get the mud off. That is of course if you are able to take your car out of storage. I dunno just an idea. I wish you the best of luck.

Mike

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,670 Posts
I wasted a few hours last night. I left just after 5 to get to class at 6. Wasn't sure what the road conditions would be like so left a bit early. Got to class, parked, and got to the classroom when I found out that class was canceled since the teacher lost her voice.

So I turned around, drove the 30-35 minutes back home and got caught by an accident or something on the outside of town. Sat there for 15 minutes or so, and finally got home around 7. Wasted about 2 hours, but rather have that instead of sitting through 4 hours of Business LawII :D

Hope you can get an opportunity to get yours cleaned up again. I'd wash mine right now, but with melting snow it'd be a waste of time and money. Only advantage would be getting the sand/salt off.

-Andy "Melon"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts