TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found an 89 SC parts car and I have an LX I was wondering if it easier to swap the SC engine into my LX. And take the rear end and other goodies from this parts car. The WHOLE car is $900. So what do u think I should just by the whole SC or continue with this engine that is currently in my car now?

·
Administrator
8,240 Posts
If the engine and everything from the parts car are in good shape and you really want to do the work, go for it.

Joe

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
It sounds like a good idea. You should see what you can find out about that engine as far as how it works and if the headgaskets have been replaced. If you don't know I'd certainly reccomend replacing them when you have the engine out of the car, if can be done in the car too but it's so much easier out. If you've got the time & money a rebuild would be a swell idea. Good luck with your car, and nobody will suspect there's an SC under the hood unless you do the body conversion later!

·
Registered
607 Posts
What is wong with the SC? IT may be easier to convert all the good stuff from your car to the SC, as long as the car is structuraly sound.

Jim

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The SC is not legal on the road, it has no papers, no title,no nothing. SO all it is good for is parts uless there is a way to get a title for it. Like if I was to buy a whole car from a junkyard. If n e one knows how to do that the help me out other than that i would have to transplants on both cars.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts