TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The door panel label on the car states 30PSI for 205s(I think that's what it says) but my car has 225/75/16 (Again, going from memory, gonna check when I leave this morning) and they were pumped up to 44PSI.

I wondered why my ride was so hard..... so I let air out and they are now at 40PSI but I want the fill them to the correct pressure and I'm not sure what it should be for this size tire.

for some reason the pressure rating is not on the sidewall of the tire, so does anyone know what the correct pressure should be?

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
The pressure rating on the side of the tire is the max pressure and load the tire will handle, NOT necessarily what the pressure should be set to.

I would put them at 32 psi and play around from there to get the most durability and handling possible. Tire pressures can really impact how a car drives.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know, that's why I wanted to get the correct pressure, I don't know who filled them up, but I never checked them all winter until yesterday.

and I'll tell ya, after I let the air, even only 4PSI, it made a difference in drive-ability right away.

·
Registered
348 Posts
The pressure rating on the side of the tire is the max pressure and load the tire will handle, NOT necessarily what the pressure should be set to.

I would put them at 32 psi and play around from there to get the most durability and handling possible. Tire pressures can really impact how a car drives.
+1

Also, you need to check them more than once a season too ;)

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
tire pressure

I would run 32-34 psi all around for daily driving, if your racing someone i would recommend 38-40 psi, you have to remember, once you start driving a while the tire will heat up and expand, so check them before driving and never when the tires are hot.

regards,
ramon

1 - 10 of 10 Posts