TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys my alternator just went out and i was wondering which one you would reccomend? I was looking at this one http://autozone.com/servlet/UiBroker?UseCase=C001&UserAction=performMoreDetail&Parameters=TRUE|~Alternator|~$40.00|~DURALAST|~130+AMP+++++++++++++|~FALSE|~FALSE|~61305|~5545|~DL7764-6-10|~PREMIUM+QUALITY+REMAN,+SOME+NEW+COMPONENTS|~$130.99|~Ford|~Thunderbird|~1994|~LLT|~15.15|~NONE|~B

It would be cool if this is a good one because there is an autozone right by my house. Although if this isn't any good well i'll look into another.

Please help!
Gotta get this back on the road :xpcry:

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
that one should be fine as I have an alternator from Advance Auto and its just fine. They almost always have a lifetime warranty and you do run the risk of getting a shoddily rebuilt alternator no matter the vendor. It will come with a "birthsheet" if its any concelation.

do have thee battery charged before you put it in.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I have bought Autozone Alternators before for other Fords. Good thing they have lifetime warranty, you will need it. I would bring it back about once a year for my replacement. When it came time for one for my 95 Bird (original made it to around 120k miles), I got a new one from Ford through Dan Newman at the time.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dusty said:
I have bought Autozone Alternators before for other Fords. Good thing they have lifetime warranty, you will need it. I would bring it back about once a year for my replacement. When it came time for one for my 95 Bird (original made it to around 120k miles), I got a new one from Ford through Dan Newman at the time.
so your saying they aren't that good well that kinda sucks. :(

how much was the ford replacement?

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Hope you didn't pay too much, my Advance Auto alt has been running fine the past 80,000 miles.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I went to an alt. shop and got a 200 amp alt instaled with a new belt for about $220. it was chome but i didn't care about that just happened to be one they had handy and I needed the higher amps for my stereo at the time

1 - 8 of 8 Posts