TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if this is the best thread to start but after reading a tint thread I thought I can't be the only one with a list of tickets looking to happen. I guess after some replies on wether or not this is a good idea we can ethier go ahead with the thread or trash it. I know I have plenty so what about the rest of you?

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Exhaust too loud. window tint that's about it for now. ahh if we had emissions I would get in trouble I have no cats.
been stopped once for being too loud!!

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
Hmmm my engine doesnt look stock so that could get me into trouble. my bbk intake with no carb number on it. Uhhh the rear mufflers are gone as well as the third cat. I have 5% tint on my back 3 windows *legal in cali but draws attention*, good thing i left my front windows alone. Um the custom projector headlights i made and are tinted on the inside *cops here hate tinted lights*.

I think theres more but i cant think of it rght now lol

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok since this got 3 replies in a matter of minutes I guess its a go lol.
5% tints in rear again legal but doesn't seem like it should be. illegal tint over 3rd brake light, or so I have been told.
20% on doors, illegal
Hid's, illegal
clear corners with blue bulbs illegal
Custom Red LED thunder cats grill, illegal because they are red lights on the front of the car
strobes in tail lights
soon to be strobes in clear corners, just need to extend my wires. I think thats it for now, if I thing of more I'll post them up.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Just my exhaust and my shift kit.I've been pulled over once for barking the 1-2 shift.

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
HAHAHAH same here!!

too bad i was already in my driveway outside my car. i never saw them in my rear view mirror and they took about 15 seconds to pull up right behind me. told me to put my hands up. I was like *whoa*....they asked me why i was driving like a maniac and i froze like a lil b!tch and told them the funniest thing ever...."uhhh cuz of the shift kit?"

after they realized it WAS my house and i was already out of it they didnt do anything. They did chew me out pretty bad tho :(

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
HAHAHAH same here!!

too bad i was already in my driveway outside my car. i never saw them in my rear view mirror and they took about 15 seconds to pull up right behind me. told me to put my hands up. I was like *whoa*....they asked me why i was driving like a maniac and i froze like a lil b!tch and told them the funniest thing ever...."uhhh cuz of the shift kit?"

after they realized it WAS my house and i was already out of it they didnt do anything. They did chew me out pretty bad tho :(
Thats funny because when I barked the 1-2 shift I pulled in my driveway as well.Cop pulled up behind me in the driveway and chewed me out too.I still had my California license so he let me go but not before he told me he was going to be on the look out for my car.

Wierd

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Oh yeah that remind's me I have strobe light's in all 4 corner's

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So tonight after starting this thread im on the way to my g/f's house when I get stuck in traffic in a turn lane only. I figure there was an accident or something so I got out of that lane and went straight, as I pass the intersection I see a nice police check point and they had atleast 4 cars pulled over. Im glad I am impatient lol on the way home 4 hours later they were still there so I had to go around again. During the day it would be easy to get past them , just roll down the windows and dont turn my lights on lol but at night its very easy to see me coming.

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
Used to have a teal looking turn lights in the clear corners and got pulled over for that one.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I was pulled over for having no front liscense plate...yep! Hopefully it doens't happen in my new baby, I'm not wrecking it's front end, no matter the ticket!

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
I was pulled over for having no front liscense plate...yep! Hopefully it doens't happen in my new baby, I'm not wrecking it's front end, no matter the ticket!
o ya forgot about that one...cops love to nail your ass for that one! :mad:

·
Registered
2,176 Posts

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
Only thing on my car would be the tinted taillights, be there are so many fricken morons and meth heads in this area that the police keep busy with them.

And if anyone wants strobes, I bought a set off here when I was young and stupid. Sell 'em cheap (truth be told, I could use the money to fund another project):)

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
hey, andries... just get soem hi-power strontum ferrit magnets... or just some big @$$ ones... put a magnet on the back of your liscense plate, covered with cheesecloth, and just put the magnet on the other side of the bumper... that should work.. without wrecking your front.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Yea, the car dealers use those strong magnets to hold the D-tags on for test drives, they work pretty well. Of course thats in the back and isn't subject to as much wind. Might be worth looking into if you can get magnets stong enough to hold the tag through the bumper cover.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts