TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Stroked and Blown
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed over the last few years, some of the V6'rs have gone all out with their cars. What are some the fastest V6's here. I know rancherlees is one of em, but I wanted to know of some others.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
3.8 single or splitport?

·
Banned
287 Posts
NA, I don't know.

SC'd, that would be David Neibert's 91 SC, [email protected] MPH

-Rod
Eh, I beleive he asked for NA, and I wouldn't mind hearing either. I'm sure someone has broke into the high 15's with a stroked 3.8L, all cammed out, ported heads, etc, etc...... Should have just swapped a V8 in there and been done with it.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Should have just swapped a V8 in there and been done with it.
You're seriously are new here arent you?

You should really look into things before you go runnin your mouth, a v-8 swap requires a complete donor car, and is not very easy to do. Sure, few have done it, but it's MUCH easier just to get one with a v-8. Nuff said.

Trust me, the topic has been discussed NUMEROUS times.

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
Should have just swapped a V8 in there and been done with it.
Youre asking for a heated argument there. Let's not start that please?

Well I had planned on being the top NA v6 bird around, then I got a good deal on nitrous, and then I decided to stick a lightning blower on top, and then I decided to use a lighter car so Im currently in the process of buying an 88 notch mustang :)

·
Stroked and Blown
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Come on guys, don't start having a pi$$ing match. It was a basic question thats all. Sure, everybody says "get a SC" or "swap a V8" "buy a V8" etc, etc.

The question of the topic was "What are the fastest 3.8na here" The question was NOT "Should I buy an SC instead or Should I buy a V8 instead.

Whatever. Anyways, Thomas that 3.8 you were working on for the longest time, you decided to give up on and go for a Mustang? What was the best time your 3.8 Tbird went? Also, wouldnt a Lightning blower blow out the internals as would a SC blower, or did you have the whole 3.8 redone with better internals?

·
Registered
647 Posts
I have never personally tested my 3.8 NA, but to me with the mods that I have done, it is actually pretty darn fast! I get people all the time that say it is quick with acceleration. I want to take it to a track one day, but there isnt any around here.

·
8,978 Posts
my best time without nitrous with the stock ported upper intake was 16.7. This was with the stock AOD that has pretty much had it, and stock gears with no tune. I strongly believe 3.73's, the high stall, a tune, and being able to shift at 5,500rpms would get this car in the 13's NA.

Im not giving up on the 3.8. I'm putting the v6 in the mustang with the tranny and nitrous and blower. I'll eventully put forged rods and pistons in to the 4.2 i have in my garage and run ~20psi with nitrous and see if I can break 8's in the 1/4 :D

-Thomas

·
The Parts Guy
7,360 Posts
Both times I took my Splitport 94 LX to the track, I had issues. The first time was while we were still working out the tuning bugs, and it was bogging/hesistating badly on the line (2.4X 60' times). It ran 16.7's. The second time it had a blown electric fan fuse (which I didn't know about until later), causing it to overheat and detonate. IIRC, I was in and out of the throttle, and was completely out of the throttle just after the 1000'. It ran a 16.67 that time. I'm confident that if I took the car to the track just as it is today it would at least turn a low-16/high-15. I just have no interest in doing so, as the 94 is just the daily driver. The XR7 is the fun car...which I did a V8 swap in. :rolleyes:

-Rod

·
Stroked and Blown
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My best was 16.9. The same day, I ran 17.0's back to back. I would hope that with a ported upper and lower intake and ported heads, it could maybe get in low 16's-high15's.

As of now, mods aren't much: Air silencer removed, ASP Underdrive Pulleys, Transgo Shift kit, high stall (dirty dog) converter, tranny cooler, dual exhaust.

·
Registered
142 Posts
wow

wow thomas. you do that and you'll have the fastest one i've ever hear of. that's actually faster that what those super six guys have on their web page. maybe you'll get some coverage on that if you get in a shootout.

·
8,978 Posts
wow thomas. you do that and you'll have the fastest one i've ever hear of. that's actually faster that what those super six guys have on their web page. maybe you'll get some coverage on that if you get in a shootout.
this is true. But supersix has also recently added custom long tube headers, a good suspension, and I believe they're either working on a two-stage nitrous system, or a power adder of some kind. It'll be interesting to see what it turns out next year.
-Thomas

·
Banned
287 Posts
deleted

1 - 20 of 45 Posts