TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of all the 16" wheels that Ford/Lincoln/Mercury have made, which ones are the lightest? I am curious because I'm wondering if there is a lighter weight option than my 16" early SC wheels. What about Taurus SHO wheels, Windstar wheels and so on?

-Ghost

·
Registered
900 Posts
I know the Octastars for the Mark VIII's are supposed to be the lightest offered for those cars, but I can't remember both the weight for them and the weight of the SC wheels.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So the Octastars are lighter than the snowflakes, right?

·
Registered
900 Posts
You know what, I thought I had read that somewhere awhile back, but now that I'm looking I can't find it. And what I'm seeing now is people are saying snowflakes are lighter, so I don't have a clue, good luck haha.

·
Registered
836 Posts
i can tell you that fanblades are way lighter than your sc rims.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts

These rims off of a Taurus SHO are the lightest Ford 16" rim. They will fit the Thunderbird.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I think they are 16x6.

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
The wheels are light, but so are tire options. Mine end up being heavier than steel 15's because of the weight of the tires. They will at least clear large brakes.
Alan
Has anyone tried motorcycle tires?

Are bike tires lighter in the first place?

I saw a mustang using bike tires for her skinnys in MM&FF. Why did only 1 car I know use bike tires and no one else?

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Has anyone tried motorcycle tires?

Are bike tires lighter in the first place?

I saw a mustang using bike tires for her skinnys in MM&FF. Why did only 1 car I know use bike tires and no one else?
I looked into that, but they weren't rated for the weight. M&H does make some that fit and are light I don't believe they are DOT rated however. I went with continental tires and the tires I got are meant for Jeeps so they are heavy and tall.
Alan

1 - 17 of 17 Posts