TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am custom wiring to direct power the actuators to they work (manually of course) on my non-SC Thunderbird. Of course for that to work I need to know what pins do what on the pigtail. :)

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
T/BK is Firm ride input
T/R is soft ride input.

They need to be a switched ground based on which mode you want to but it in, ie in Firm, the soft leads will be ground and in soft Firm leads will be ground.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
T/BK is Firm ride input
T/R is soft ride input.

They need to be a switched ground based on which mode you want to but it in, ie in Firm, the soft leads will be ground and in soft Firm leads will be ground.
So what are the white and yellow wires for? How would I wire it to direct power the actuator?

·
Super Moderator
5,082 Posts
According to my 1991 electrical manual, Y/BK go to the steering sensor, and from there to hot-on-run (switched power). The various white ones (W, W/O, W/R, W/BK) go from the individual ones to the ARC controller.

I'd bet Y/BK goes to switched and the other two are exclusive to ground - but don't know for sure.

Have fun finding out!

RwP

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
According to my 1991 electrical manual, Y/BK go to the steering sensor, and from there to hot-on-run (switched power). The various white ones (W, W/O, W/R, W/BK) go from the individual ones to the ARC controller.

I'd bet Y/BK goes to switched and the other two are exclusive to ground - but don't know for sure.

Have fun finding out!

RwP
Definitely man, I just want to find a to simply get the actuators to turn. :tongue:

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
For your app you will only use the two wires I listed, all others are for sensor input/output.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For your app you will only use the two wires I listed, all others are for sensor input/output.
Awesome, alright thanks. There doesnt need to be any special resistance values does there?

·
Super Moderator
5,082 Posts
Where does it get the 12V to run it, then?

RwP

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Raptor, not according to my EVTM

RalphP, depending upon the mode you want deteremines which is 12v and which ground.

Firm Ride: T/BK hot and T/R ground
Soft Ride: T/R hot and T/BK ground

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Raptor, not according to my EVTM

RalphP, depending upon the mode you want deteremines which is 12v and which ground.

Firm Ride: T/BK hot and T/R ground
Soft Ride: T/R hot and T/BK ground
So there is no negative, just +12v and ground? Its sounding like it works like a power window motor...

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
I stand corrected (looked at diagram a bit harder)
Y/BK is a constant ground
T/BK is Hot for Firm
T/R is Hot of Soft

All white wires or with white stripe is input wires and not needed for your app.

Sorry about miss reading diagram.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I stand corrected (looked at diagram a bit harder)
Y/BK is a constant ground
T/BK is Hot for Firm
T/R is Hot of Soft

All white wires or with white stripe is input wires and not needed for your app.

Sorry about miss reading diagram.
So let me get this straight: Yellow is a constant ground, Black is hot for firm, red is hot for Soft?

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Yes. sorry about misleading earlier

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Are we sure about all this???

This should be exactly like say the power windows, Locks and so forth..

The OE system uses two Switching relays, with them both resting to ground, then depending what is demanded, switching over to feed power to the correct lead to the actuator

Tan W/Black leads to the actuators would be switched to positive to move the actuators to the `FIRM' position
Tan w/Red Leads to the Actuators would be switched to positive to move the actuators to the `SOFT' Position

The other two leads Yellow w/Black and White or w/Black, Red, Or Orange is so the Module to know if the Actuators have Moved to the Soft position?? (Maybe it was firm)

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Are we sure about all this???

This should be exactly like say the power windows, Locks and so forth..

The OE system uses two Switching relays, with them both resting to ground, then depending what is demanded, switching over to feed power to the correct lead to the actuator

Tan W/Black leads to the actuators would be switched to positive to move the actuators to the `FIRM' position
Tan w/Red Leads to the Actuators would be switched to positive to move the actuators to the `SOFT' Position

The other two leads Yellow w/Black and White or w/Black, Red, Or Orange is so the Module to know if the Actuators have Moved to the Soft position?? (Maybe it was firm)
Awesome, thanks. I needed to know so I can have my friend design a circuit to an upfitter switch in my cabin. :)

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Just remember to use a momentary switch when doing it, No need to be burning out the actuators :tongue:

Heck you should be able to determine which position the switch in the Actuators are closed, and if in the `firm' position you may be able to use one to turn on the firm ride light ;)

Well i just checked my Actuator, and the switch closes when in the `Soft' Position.. So it can still be done thou :)

·
Super Moderator
12,413 Posts
Well, Since there is quite a bit of info here, and everything I've found has been spread out across multiple threads, I'll post some stuff here so it'll be in one place.

Here are the diagrams for the harness' as originally posted here

1996 Cluster 1

1996 Cluster 2

1997 Cluster 1

1997 Cluster 2

Cluster Re-pin Chart - Available as an excel file if anyone wants it.
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Here is the schmatic

1 - 18 of 18 Posts