TCCoA Forums banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Anything, and by that I mean literally anything. Just check my last.fm profile to see what I've been listening to, I guess that's the easiest way.

My favorite band of all time, though? The Clash.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Doeboy - Gorilla Zoe

(if you sit in my car, you'd understand)

·
Registered
674 Posts
i'm currently listening to the Flobots... Never heard of 'em? check 'em out sometime, they're the ones with the song that goes "i can ride my bike with no handlebars, no handlebars" good song, great album. :D the album is called "Fight with Tools"

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Just saw Opeth and Dream Theater this past Friday. Can't beat the musicianship of Dream Theater. They are F-ing UNREAL!

On the playlist,

Scream Aim Fire - Bullet for my Valentine
Unbreakable - Fireflight
Comatose - Skillet
Images and Words - Dream Theater
Flyleaf - Flyleaf
Karmacode - Lacuna Coil
Meteora - Linkin Park
All the Right Reasons - Nickelback
Moving Pictures - Rush
Tantric - Tantric

·
Amateur Expert
1,662 Posts
Just saw Opeth and Dream Theater this past Friday. Can't beat the musicianship of Dream Theater. They are F-ing UNREAL!
Yeah, I saw them last Tuesday. They are, without a doubt, my favorite band of all time. I've seen them on every tour since 1990 and bought every one of their CD's and DVD's on the day it was released. Three were really good, too but I didn't care too much for BTBAM.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
in no particular order, toby keith, trace adkins, gary allan kellie pickler, jake owen, joe nichols, kenny chesney, emerson drive, james otto, phil vassar, jason aldean, bucky covington, alan jackson, chris cagle brooks and dunn, tracy lawrence, rodney adkins, carrie underwood, ashton shepherd, rascal flatts, saliva, craig morgan, ac/dc, big and rich, nickleback, elvis, reba mcentire, john michael montgomery, montgomery gentry, kidrock, george strait, brad paisly tim mcgraw etc etc etc.

but always at the number 1 is MegadetH
....was starting to wonder a bit there, seeing as your name is "Vic Rattlehead" !!:D

Didja know Dave Ellefsons' new band is "F5"? My friends' band opened for them in a small club here. GREAT pics that never got backed up, and lost in a big pc crash. :(

·
Super Moderator
10,290 Posts
I listen to everything; I ripped all the cds to mp3, and play from there.

This morning to work was Drowning Pool;
Work was Marilyn Manson;
Lunch was Snoop Dogg;
Drive home was White Zombie...

I'm listening to Cheap Trick right now, while burning a Skynard/Molly Hatchet/Johnny Rebel Cd for tomorrow's drive... :D

BTW, 96_Cougar, I now have 14,140 files in 3,572 directories...all my CDs. :cool:

Wow, 123Gigs of albums... I hadn't looked in awhile.

Anyone else buy the korn album for the song from the Ford commercial? (If not, just buy the song...:( )

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I listen to everything; I ripped all the cds to mp3, and play from there.

This morning to work was Drowning Pool;
Work was Marilyn Manson;
Lunch was Snoop Dogg;
Drive home was White Zombie...

I'm listening to Cheap Trick right now, while burning a Skynard/Molly Hatchet/Johnny Rebel Cd for tomorrow's drive... :D

BTW, 96_Cougar, I now have 14,140 files in 3,572 directories...all my CDs. :cool:

Anyone else buy the korn album for the song from the Ford commercial? (If not, just buy the song...:( )
wtfh lol korn did a song for a ford commercial???? wow.. where've i been... lol

·
Registered
741 Posts

Whoa, you're the only person I've encountered so far who has more music than I do.

It's weird, though, I have ~12,000 songs but they only take up ~54GB. You must rip at a much higher bitrate than I do.

·
Super Moderator
7,476 Posts
I got you both beat. I have almost 300GB of music! I'm not sure how many songs though, I'll have to check it out when I get home.

·
Chief of Warranty Police
1,492 Posts
Lately it's been Dry Kill Logic's "Of Vengeance and Violence".

·
Registered
381 Posts
at this moment i'm listening to american hi-fi - The art of losing

·
TSTaCC President
885 Posts
I listen to a very random genre of music known as JRock. It can go anywhere from a Victorian goth sound, to a poppy beat, to heavy metal. Most of the songs are sung either in Japanese or English. its good for confusing the Spanish speaking people down here in South Jersey. Once you listen to enough stuff though, you get hooked.

·
Street Freekz
754 Posts

The 5300 songs is just this computer & I don't have all my CD's ripped to the computer either....lol :D:cool::D

·
Super Moderator
10,290 Posts
It's weird, though, I have ~12,000 songs but they only take up ~54GB. You must rip at a much higher bitrate than I do.
If you crank up a 128k mp3, you realize real quick that they sound like s*it. I ended up reripping a lot of cds. Judas Priest and White Zombie sound especially bad at 128k.

320k is what I ended up reripping most stuff at; 256k is ok for some music.

Metal sounds like total crap at less than 320k; and some albums I don't convert to mp3 at all, I just copy the cd for general use...no need to risk the original.

I ripped all my vinyl to .flac ; No need to regularly use the turntable, and can be converted to mp3 for the car.

My Alpine has a digital filter in it that is pretty good; it extracts some of the lost bass, and cleans up a lot of the noise; I haven't found a filter for the computer (Winamp) that is as good.

BTW, if you want to know how many mp3s you have, go to a command prompt, and type "dir C:\*.mp3 /s" Wait awhile, and the last thing on the screen will be the totals. Substitute the correct drive letter if C: isn't where the files are, or the correct path to your mp3 files to take less time...and if you want a list, put ">c:\mp3s.txt at the end of the command.

·
Registered
128 Posts
ambient and trance \\ if all i have is free radio classic rock

21 - 40 of 61 Posts