TCCoA Forums banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
My mp3 collection is sh!t because I ripped mostly at 128/192. About 10% is at 320kps and the difference shows. I listen to mostly heavy type of music, all kinds. From Obituary, Anthrax, Slayer, DJ Delta 9, DJ Unexist, and Front Line Assembly. I ripped my vinyl at 320 kps and they sound good at that rate. I don't think even flac is worth it because there is no replacement for vinyl through an old school receiver and big 3 way cabinets. But flac is the next best thing. I have about 400 or so CDs and about 50 lps. If I were to start this over, what software would you savvy folks use?

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I guess I need to upgrade my MP3's LOL. Any of you guys ever heard of Voltaire? My list is weird; voltaire, concrete blonde, rob/white zombie, alice cooper, abruptum, burzum, mayhem, nickleback, ozzy, loraina mckennit, tom waits, nick cave, korn, red hot chili peppers, vader, angel corpse, iron maiden, david bowie

I think i'm schitzophrenic LOL

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
I listen all day to doorknobs and idiots.
Bwa hahaha!!

Well, my meager mp3 collection are all ripped to 128kbs. I'm not noticing any significant losses or distortions for the "general listening experience" that I have them on the pc for.

I do however, compose, record, mix, produce, and engineer my own music at my pc. That studio stuff stays in .wav format for the entire duration of the session time. Only when it's complete, the song will get converted down to mp3, but even so I keep backups of the original .wav files and .ses files.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
right now

Bloodbath-outnumbering the day. Kickass song and very catchy.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Here lately I've been listening to: Rage Against the Machine, Stone Temple Pilots, Alice in Chains, Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones, The Who, Bob Dylan, The Beatles (later stuff, the early stuff was too lovey dovey), Neil Young, Nirvana, Soul Asylum, Offspring, Lots on 90s one-hit-wonders, Third Eye Blind, Staind, Rancid, The Ramones, Sublime, ACDC, Collective Soul, Garth Brooks, John Lennon, Metallica, Bob Marley, My Chemical Romance, Ozzy, Pantera, Pearl Jam, The Doors, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Me First and the Gimme Gimmes

At this moment that song playing is Ain't Nuthin but a G Thang - Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg.

If it isn't obvious, I listen to a lot of music.

·
Registered
792 Posts
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_PxsOUiHFyw&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_PxsOUiHFyw&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
I listen to just about anything - rock, rap/hip hop, country, Christian rap/rock, etc.

I have almost 5300 songs on my computer as of right now so I can pick from pretty much anything.... :D:D
Did you get that disk imported yet?

My settings were at 192kbps, but I just switched to 256 because I didn't see that custom setting before. Was using WMP, but switched to iTunes because of the iPod, so I have music under both folders. Don't wanna move them, because there would be a bunch of missing songs and my playlists would be gone. Have everything saved onto my HD media player in one folder for now. Those iPod movies look great, all but 300, which looks poopy on HD DVD as well as standard DVD.

I rip most of my CDs. The ones that are my favorite I keep the CDs of just in case. I was ripping them with CloneCD before, great program.

4943 songs right now, 31GB. Some are old files that I've had for the past 5+ years.
388 movies and videos at 19.94GB, 124 of them are IllWillPress with Foamy.

Top 25 Most Played, with doubles, includes:
Breaking Benjamin
blink-182
Staind
Jimmy Eat World
Gorillaz
Crossfade
Incubus
Jack Johnson
John Legend
Peter Bjorn and John

Some of those I don't know how they made it and others didn't.

Some of my favorites in my Top Rated include:

Incubus, Staind, Gorillaz, blink-182, Sublime, Tenacious-D (and their Keilbasa), Bass Mekanik, The Beatles, Biz Markie, Boston, Brad Paisley, Breaking Benjamin, Collective Soul, Common, Cream, The Crystal Method, The Doobie Brothers, Dr. Dre, The Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, Foo Fighters, Jack Johnson, John Legend, John Mayer, Kenny Chesny, KoRn, Led Zeppelin, Ludacris, Metallica, Outkast, Ozzy, Pantera, Pink Floyd, Prodigy, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Rodney Carrington, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Tag Team, 2 Live Crew, Tupac, 311

I would say my very top artists off the top of my head are:
311, Incubus, Staind, blink-182, Sublime, The Beatles, Boston, Brad Paisley, Kenny Chesney, RHCP, Pink Floyd, Jack Johnson, John Legend, Common, Ozzy, Foo Fighters, AC/DC, and Led Zeppelin

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
Right now its Suicide Commando : Axis of evil

After busting out my vinyl collection and hearing what quality sounds really are, I'm forgetting the whole mp3 idea. Now I play the actual cd or vinyl. I don't know why I even bothered with mp3s in the first place. I guess I can put them on my phone but either way the 1000s of files I have is plenty. If anyone has a vinyl collection and hasn't played them in a while please bust it out and remember what fine sounds they have. Cd's sound good too but vinyl is the best for a reason. Those who have them will or can understand if they just listen to the difference.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
After busting out my vinyl collection and hearing what quality sounds really are....... If anyone has a vinyl collection and hasn't played them in a while please bust it out and remember what fine sounds they have. Cd's sound good too but vinyl is the best for a reason. Those who have them will or can understand if they just listen to the difference.
You know what really makes "The Vinyl Experience" unforgettable? A decent turntable with an unmolested needle.....and a TUBE poweramp driving the speakers. Wow.

I don't have that kind of setup, but a friend did.....big ugly tower speakers from the 70s, a tube poweramp, and a turntable. We'd put on old vinyl (in great shape) by Rainbow, Pink Floyd, Dio, the Who, Judas Priest, etc. and just sit back.....kinda takes your breath away.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
one band i recomend is ME FIRST AND THE GIMME GIMMES there a cover band there a colection of guys from bands such as rancid and nofx and so on

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
one band i recomend is ME FIRST AND THE GIMME GIMMES there a cover band there a colection of guys from bands such as rancid and nofx and so on
Hell yea dude, Me First and the Gimme Gimmes are awesome. I've been listening to their Have a Ball album quite a bit lately. I really like their cover of Fire and Rain.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I was a music major(percussionist), so I really enjoy some pretty esoteric music. My grandma listens to a lot of 18th century sh!t, as well as some jazz, and my parents were hippies. Therefore, I have some unusual tastes, but check some of them out, and if you guys like them I'm glad I could get some names out there.
Vince Guaraldi, Chuck Mangione, Stan Getz, A lot of Samba, and Jazz, Classical, Lil Wayne, Gojira*, The Sawtooth Grin*, The Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza*, Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Mastadon*, Naked City*, Strapping Youn Lad*, Coalesce**, The Handshake Murders*, Marcy Playground, No Doubt, Audioslave, RATM, Fear Factory(older stuff), Failure, Busta Rhymes, Dillinger Escape Plan*(older stuff), Far, Dog Fashion Disco, Journal* (casualties of war), Fantomas, Norma Jean*, Slayer, Nirvana, Pig Destroyer*, Converge*, Alicia Keys, Arsonists Get All The Girls*, Tool, Aaliyah, The Red Chord*, As the Sun Sets*, Anapparatus*, Architect*, Engineer*, Behold...The Arctopus*, B.B. King, Between the Buried and Me*, Bone Thugs, Ciara, Chevelle, The White Sripes, Jimi Hendrix, CCR, Crowpath*, D'Angelo, David Banner, DazzlingKillmen, The Human Abstract, John Legend, MSI, Master P, Mystikal, Outkast, Pantera, Pink Floyd, The Postal Service, Prince, Today is the Day, and last but definately not least Alice in Chains.

Asterisks on bands that should all the metalheads should check out.

·
Super Moderator
11,871 Posts
Never Forget! :usa:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7wM0a5FqIGQ?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Super Moderator
11,871 Posts
I love these SpaceX tributes.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts