TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
CatBird Creator
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me personally, I want to go to the track and run my embarrassing time....get my car finished (inside and out), and basically enjoy those warm nights cruising in my CatBird. I'm sick of snow. Blech, I NEED SUMMER.....what are you going to do??

-Kyle

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Well these are some of the trips or race weekends im taking.

The TBU @ US41 March 7,8,9
Columbus May 2,3,4 NMRA
St.Louis May 15,16,17,18 WFC
Maple Grove June 20,21,22 NMRA
Route 66 Chicago July 25,26,27 NMRA
Cordova, IL September 5-7, 2003 FFW
Ennis, TX September 19-21, 2003 FFW
Bowling Green September 26,27,28 NMRA
MN12Nats August 28,29,30,31
the Rock, Summer 2003
ford day at 'daGrove, Summer 2003
Ford day at RT66 Summer 2003
TBU Spring/summer 2003
Octobirdfest Fall 2003

Add to that all the local cruise nights and car shows. Im gonna have a busy summer, and i cant wait!

·
TCCoA Bachelor Club Pres.
1,267 Posts
All I got is Nats at the end of August, but I am sure there will be PLENTY of cruisin, you can almost do that now, temps avg. about 50 right now, so I am doin ok, I got the wheel bearing fixed, so tommorrow I have work off, CRUISIN, gonna fill it with Gas, and take a nice long ride, HELL YEAH! As for summer, I do nothin BUT cruise, and wash my car, oh and work now too.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
well.. hopefully ill get another mn12 by then, so me and kyle can represent the mn12s in our area this summer. cause you just cant possibly "cruise" in a minivan.... -greg

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
A trip to the strip to try out the new MAF, driveshaft, gears, and of course chip
Power Tour?
Americruise
MN-12 Nats?
A dyno tune session somewhere that is a reasonable drive from here, please!
another trip to the strip after the dyno tune
Lots of nights at Sonic

·
Administrator
7,997 Posts
Just to work on the car! There's so much I can be doing now if I had a garage. I can't wait for this winter to be over. Oh ya, it's snowing again! :mad:

Joe

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Get drunk outside!! Also, spend some time down at "the bridge" (old train bridge over the meramac that my group spends our daytimes in the summer. Also, i will surely be cruzin.

·
Koolbreeze
841 Posts
I'm gonna go cruisin
go to the drag strip on friday nights
and run around necked in the back yard:D

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Re: ET for Vic

92five0bird said:
Hey Vic, what is your ET, and what class do you run in for NMRA????

Thanks

Still coming to Dayton???
I will be running in M/M not sure sure what the ET is, as i havent run it as it is right now, but pre PI motor it went a best of 14.97 N/A no N2O times.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
VicRattlehead said:

we got a guy comming to our dynotune in chicago from lincoln ne, so NO EXCUSES!!
See, already glad I posted that! I hadn't seen anything on a dynotune in Chicago. When is it? Who is the guy from Lincoln? ThomasA and his SC? Don't tell me it is before April because I don't think I am going to have the current mod list ready by then. And if its too early, then I only have an excuse to go to the track once!

Edit: I knew I would find it if I went to the events, I normally don't look unless its sticky because I thought dyno tune sessions were always stickied. Well anyway, of all the lousy planning, that is the weekend of the Fundamentals of Engineering Exam that I already paid the $90 to take

Edit #2: HMMMM...The FE is Saturday morning, I could drive to Chicago after the FE, get tuned Sunday and drive home, I will seriously consider that one, might have to find someone to help drive though.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
AndyR said:
and run around necked in the back yard:D

:zpuke: :zpuke: :zpuke: :zpuke: :zpuke: :zpuke:

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
hmm, Lowrider in March, Autofair in April, Slamsession in April, a load of other shows to attend.

Blue ridge parkway cruise in may
Thunder at the rock in July
tons of trips to rockingham
and meets yet to be planned!

ohh what fun it will be!

·
Only you can prevent modular fires
1,446 Posts
Change my oil, Its been so cold my "lug" nuts would freeze to the ground laying under the car. Oh yeah drive it with the new ground effects for the 1st time :)

·
Trumpeter Extraordinaire
2,916 Posts
Preparing for new springs/shocks/struts (this also equals "gotta save some money!")

Expecting to do: see above, plus a wheel alignment, the transmission modification, radiator flush, and dream about what my car can do for the ¼ mile.

Wanna do: paint job, try to save money, performance chip, try to save money, new carpet, try to save money, plus I was given 1995 Mark VIII drive shaft....yup, a 1995 drive shaft...

Hafta do: pay bills (including car payments), play a lot of gigs, lose some weight. :D :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Well, I just added my name to the dyno tune list for the Chicago session so that will cut out a trip to the strip since it doesn't open until that weekend. That will be a crazy weekend, work Friday night, go to the test Saturday morning, 4 hours of test, one hour break, 4 more hours of test, done at 5. Get on the road by 6. Drive to Chicago (8 hours?) Crash at a friend's house for the night, Get up and go get tuned, and drive back home.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Moving

Getting my life together so I can drive my butt out of Alaska. :headbang:
Working on the Bird so I can drive my butt out of Alaska :headbang:
Planning my trip out of Alaska to the MN12 Nationals (held not in Alaska) :headbang:
Hanging out with my good friends BBQ'ing before I drive my butt out of Alaska :headbang:

Think that might be it.

GETTING OUT OF ALASKA.......only to come back for visits

GT

1 - 20 of 36 Posts