TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys my turn to start a thread.
in the spirit of turkey day, list everything that you are thankful for.

here i go:
my family, my friends :zbeer:, this great nation :usa:, my bird :bowdown:, college girls :thumbsup:, the great state of texas, beer :zbeer:, and this kick *** site!!

·
Registered
946 Posts
my cars, my kitty, girlfriend, girl i'm going after, friends, being alive....(my neighbor's apt. caught on fire this morning)...

·
Astrophysicist / PostWhore
2,028 Posts
big mike said:
ok guys my turn to start a thread.
in the spirit of turkey day, list everything that you are thankful for.

here i go:
my family, my friends :zbeer:, this great nation :usa:, my bird :bowdown:, college girls :thumbsup:, the great state of texas, beer :zbeer:, and this kick *** site!!
thankful for/to

God :angel2:: thanks for the brain, life, and for not letting me die in a wreck.

:usa:: best damn country on the freaking planet

my family: self explanitory

my girlfriend (after 4.5 yrs now, she STILL puts up w/ my $#!+)

Lodestar Astronomy Center / University of New Mexico: for giving me a job and an education...maybe one day i'll put my astrophysics degree to good use...maybe not....lol. maybe i should graduate first!

NASA: for the Hubble Space Telescope (HST), the International Space Station (ISS), Chandra X-Ray observatory, the Shuttle program...

VLA: for being a cool radio telescope ..and a fun road trip to get to

My '95 mercury sable: that accident shoulda killed me.... (again, thanks God!)

My '96 Tbird: took a swipe at a 'buckle your safety belt' sign at 60mph and only got a wee bit of body damage.

Ford: for making vehicles that i've wrecked and havent died in (see the two above); also, for making Mustangs, '00 Cobra R's, and GT-40's

GM: for building Z06's and F-bodies (R.I.P). One day I'll add an LS1 powered Trans Am WS6 to my garage...firebirds and thunderbirds can hang out.....they're both mythical creatures. :)

Subaru: for the WRX...and for possibly bringing the '04 Subaru WRX STi to the USA (girlfriend wants one...BAD)

SPEEDVISION: for being an amazing racing channel...till fox bought you and put CRAPCAR on most of the week...cuz i was just DYING to see the '83 daytona 500 the other day....:rolleyes: still the first thing i watch in the morning and the last thing i watch at night though...omit the NASCAR crap though..

Formula 1: ...just amazing... got to love V10's that rev to 18,000 rpm (depending on manufacturer)

FIA WRC: for the crazy SOB's that race in snow, rain, mud, etc. in awd cars. ...inspiration...

SCCA: for the valvoline runoffs, Speedvision World Challenge (GT & touring car)....inspiration...hopefully my future...if i ever drop a metric ton of weight and get my damn SCCA license. oh...and for introducing me to Spec Miata racing....cheap thrills that i will hopefully be partaking in soon (2-3 yrs?)

Holley/NOS: self explanitory

Vortech/AED, other supercharger manufacturers: self explanitory.

Garrett, other turbo manufacturers: self explanitory

Mobil 1: for fully synthetic oil for my car

Chevron: only gasoline that goes in my Tbird

Metallica: for keeping me alive in high school (assist goes to the girlfriend as well).

Mario Lemieux: for keeping my Penguins in Pittsburgh, where they belong

Sony: for the PS2, so i can watch my dvd's, play turismo 3, medal of honor, and grand theft auto 3

Comcast: for the cable modem...DIAL-UP SUCKS donkey sack

TCCoA (MagerThom, A-Train, RichardM, Johnny Langton, countless others...): for teaching me, helping me, and correcting me (when i'm wrong). w/o this site, I wouldnt have the sick twisted dream of having a fast 'grandma car.'

i'm sure i forgot a hell of a lot, but does it really matter? that's a good list...i'm thankful for a lot of stuff.....i'll just stop there..

though, i must say, that's a nice, comprehensive list......you asked..i delivered...
:)

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
First of all, 66dvlbrd68, that sound like Jessie's prayer from F&tFurious.:uppoint:

Second:
Rwd, v6, FoMoCo powerhouses.
God
Highschool girls
College girls
Hot chicks
Women
Family
Pizza
Nachos
College girls
Girls Gone Wild commercials & videos, God bless them!

·
Astrophysicist / PostWhore
2,028 Posts
93pimpin said:
First of all, 66dvlbrd68, that sound like Jessie's prayer from F&tFurious.:uppoint:

Second:
Rwd, v6, FoMoCo powerhouses.
God
Highschool girls
College girls
Hot chicks
Women
Family
Pizza
Nachos
College girls
Girls Gone Wild commercials & videos, God bless them!
uh...ok...that was me being serious....but if you want to be like that...fine.
:mad:

i have friends w/ nitrous ('95 GT convert), a vortech ('95 Cobra), and a turbo ('89 supra). if i wasnt thankful for AED's around here, i'd probably be shot. hence, i stated my thanks for all of those power adders.

sorry i'm a car junkie :rolleyes:

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Love Guns and Roses with Axl Rose spittin'
Ozzy's black eyes and the bats that he's bitten
Big Marshall stacks and a broken E-string
These are a few of my favorite things...

Penthouse apartments and 12 in a hot tub
Drinking Jack Daniels while getting a back rub
Little gold chains clipped to brass nipple rings

We like bar fights
We like nose rings
We like eating snails
We always indulge in our favorite things
No wonder our skin's so pale

Girls in black leather with tight li'l tushes
Tatoos on big bosoms of prickly rose bushes
Silver stretch limos that come when I ring
<hr>
Ok so that was Bob Rivers list.

Mine,
Family, friends, Thunderbirds, having a job after last years 4 month time between layoff and hire at new place...

·
Registered
935 Posts
I'm thankful for my friends, family, this club, and this great country! Nothing like a short list that covers so much. Oh and RADAR LOVE playing when going 120!!!

93Pimpin

I love you list which covers "females" 4 times :idea: :bowdown:

-Tim

·
Registered
343 Posts
Re: Re: what are you thankful for?

66dvlbrd68 said:

thankful for/to

God :angel2:: thanks for the brain, life, and for not letting me die in a wreck.

Lodestar Astronomy Center / University of New Mexico: for giving me a job and an education...maybe one day i'll put my astrophysics degree to good use...maybe not....lol. maybe i should graduate first!

NASA: for the Hubble Space Telescope (HST), the International Space Station (ISS), Chandra X-Ray observatory, the Shuttle program...

My '96 Tbird: took a swipe at a 'buckle your safety belt' sign at 60mph and only got a wee bit of body damage.

Ford: for making vehicles that i've wrecked and havent died in (see the two above); also, for making Mustangs, '00 Cobra R's, and GT-40's

GM: for building Z06's and F-bodies (R.I.P). One day I'll add an LS1 powered Trans Am WS6 to my garage...firebirds and thunderbirds can hang out.....they're both mythical creatures. :)

Subaru: for the WRX...and for possibly bringing the '04 Subaru WRX STi to the USA (girlfriend wants one...BAD)

SPEEDVISION: for being an amazing racing channel...till fox bought you and put CRAPCAR on most of the week...cuz i was just DYING to see the '83 daytona 500 the other day....:rolleyes: still the first thing i watch in the morning and the last thing i watch at night though...omit the NASCAR crap though..

Formula 1: ...just amazing... got to love V10's that rev to 18,000 rpm (depending on manufacturer)

FIA WRC: for the crazy SOB's that race in snow, rain, mud, etc. in awd cars. ...inspiration...

SCCA: for the valvoline runoffs, Speedvision World Challenge (GT & touring car)....inspiration...hopefully my future...if i ever drop a metric ton of weight and get my damn SCCA license. oh...and for introducing me to Spec Miata racing....cheap thrills that i will hopefully be partaking in soon (2-3 yrs?)

Metallica: for keeping me alive in high school (assist goes to the girlfriend as well).

Sony: for the PS2, so i can watch my dvd's, play turismo 3, medal of honor, and grand theft auto 3

TCCoA (MagerThom, A-Train, RichardM, Johnny Langton, countless others...): for teaching me, helping me, and correcting me (when i'm wrong). w/o this site, I wouldnt have the sick twisted dream of having a fast 'grandma car.'

i'm sure i forgot a hell of a lot, but does it really matter? that's a good list...i'm thankful for a lot of stuff.....i'll just stop there..

though, i must say, that's a nice, comprehensive list......you asked..i delivered...
I agree with most on you list but Mario Lemieux.... BAH! go with a real hocky play next time ;)

Like Patrik Roy <looks over his shoulder to make sure no one saw him type that>

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Re: Re: what are you thankful for?

66dvlbrd68 said:

thankful for/to

Need I say more?

·
Registered
610 Posts
My country and my family. The first and second ammendments. And all my brothers and sisters in the armed forces doing there duty all over the word. I been where you are and you all rock.

And to all my Air Force friends remember, They can't kick a$$, without Tanker gas! :znanner:

Jim Long

I

·
0 Posts
I am thankful for remote oil filters and for Ford factory white opalescent paint.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
66dvlbrd68 said:

uh...ok...that was me being serious....but if you want to be like that...fine.
:mad:

sorry i'm a car junkie :rolleyes:
Whoa! I was just saying it was kinda funny you got so detailed in the engine stuff. It sounded like when the guy from fast and the furious was praying. Didn't mean to offend.

·
Mushroom Stamp Layer
844 Posts
Thankful for finally spending a Turkeyday at home and not out in the middle east. Thankful for the other men and women that are out serving our country!

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Thankful for a Loving wife that lets me spend money on my cars
For the Men and Women of the Armed Forces
My thunderbird
Vortech for making a kit that is almost bolt on for my thunderbird
My 2001 Yamaha SX600R snowmobile since the snow is flying

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
well.. the only thing i have to be thankful for is my car. only thing keeping my sanity together (if you can say that...), and its always there for me.... nothing (noone) is more reliable than my birdie. and im serious. -greg

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
I am thankful for lots of things

First off, I'd like to say wow, I cant believe another year is almost over, time is flying by...it's been a crazy two years, hard to believe how much has happened in so little time....Here's what I'm thankful for

I am thankful for the fact that I finally have a job which is going well, and one that I like going to every day, and I am thankful that I make enough money to finally pay my monthly bills

I am thankful for my sanity....it's been a rough two years, and I'm surprised I'm still here sometimes, it is nice that things are starting to go well for me.

I am thankful that I still have my focus, sure it's not a thnderbird, but I came damn close to re-posession early this year, I'm soooo thankfully for ford credit's extension plan.

I am thankful for my brother in law, serving in the united states air force....I should be there too, hell I am the reason he is now in, now if I could just master the duckwalk....

I am thankful that my sister is alive and well, she's had a crazy couple of years too (has a kid on the way now, hope all goes well with that)

I am thankful that I have food to eat

and a place to sleep

I am thankful for TCCoA and all the help I've gotten and everyone putting up with my sh**t and not calling me a "stupid ricer" as of yet hehe BECAUSE I'M NOT A RICER DAMNIT! lol

I am thankful for the fact that pricing on a 96 V8 tbird sport is coming down to a level where I juuuust might be able to afford one (again lol)

I am thankful that I didnt get myself into serious financial trouble and/or injured last summer during my "off road rally driving in a stock ford focus sedan" phasee....stupid stuff, but DAMN it was fun...hehe I'm still trying to get all the dirt out of that car, prolly never will

I am also thankful for my boss at the taco bell I worked at for three months last summer when I was (extrememly) down & out, he gave me the motivation to probably.....keep living, so thanks for that, it is much appreciated

I am thankful for everything in my life right now, things arent perfect but they could be a lot worse, and they're a hellovalot better than they where a year ago, I'm amazed at how much has happened, and how much I learned about life between 18 and 20....life is good.

Earl

·
Administrator
8,009 Posts
All the above! Have a great day, stay safe and pray that our loved ones who can't be with us because they are defending this great nation have a safe and happy holiday season also.

Joe

1 - 20 of 24 Posts