TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am considering new shocks, and struts for my 1995 BIRD.

What are you using (do you have), on your car?

OEM's, or another brand?

What??

Be specific. Note front, or rear.

Thanx,

Tweety Bird

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Tokico blues, front and rear, I've also used just about every available shock made for this chassis that I could get my hands on, Konis, Bilsteins, OEM JJJJ, OEM LX V8, OEM LX V6, Monroe, Kyb, Tokico, Gabriel, AC Delco, and Sachs. Most of the good ones aren't very easily found anymore.

·
Is something burning?..
712 Posts
The blistein rears and the tokico Blues in the front is what I think I'm gonna run.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
The Tokico blues were one if the most stiff resr shocks I got out of the box. It took them a month to "break in" I called Tokico customer service day one because they were so stiff that they wouldn't rebound after pushing down on the rear of the car for about 2 minutes. They admitted that they could take up to a month to break in and that seemed about right. I've run them for years and they are still aggressively stiff but they bound and rebound properly and are much more matched to the front shocks. My favorites in order have been Konis, Bilstein t-bird fronts/Bilstein cobra vert rears, tokico blues, and finally extremely low mileage or new OEM JJJJ shocks. As far as service grade replacements in order Kyb, Monroe, Sachs, Motorcraft LX Non-sport, AC Delco, Gabriel.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
The blistein rears and the tokico Blues in the front is what I think I'm gonna run.
Tokico's run great and balanced with blues on all 4 corners. Not sure how Bilstein HD cobra verts would match with the blue fronts. Maybe someone else can chime in who has used that combo.

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,808 Posts
Tokico's run great and balanced with blues on all 4 corners. Not sure how Bilstein HD cobra verts would match with the blue fronts. Maybe someone else can chime in who has used that combo.
This is what I have, And know issues at all. The steins are very stiff , No floating at all with the blues on the front .Like Matt has said the reason this combo works well might be because of the Eibach springs I have.

·
Super Moderator
7,662 Posts
That is what I run on the lemons car. The cobra bilsteins are notably stiffer than the tokico blues, and I wouldn't want to run them on a daily driver, but they work great on a race car

One thing that hasn't been mentioned is low mileage SC shocks locked on the firm setting. For a good handling daily driver, that is my favorite setup, although I haven't run the konis.

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,522 Posts
Been running the Monroe Sensa-Tracs on the bird. Been pleased with them on that car as a DD... :)

·
Is something burning?..
712 Posts
This is what I have, And know issues at all. The steins are very stiff , No floating at all with the blues on the front .Like Matt has said the reason this combo works well might be because of the Eibach springs I have.
This is what I planned on using.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanx for all the replies, and the information.

Last week, I took a part time job at O'Reilly's, for just a little extra money, PLUS, when I go back to work, I'm going to let my part time money help build me a shop.

AND, I can buy whatever I need, at a good price. :thumbsup::xpwink:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts