TCCoA Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
It's been a...week???....since I bagged my pomegranate seeds. So far only one of them have begun to sprout, one is a lost cause due to mold, and there a few others that have some hope. I have another set of seeds I acquired on Sunday, but I'm drying those out completely before I attempt to bag them. These seeds went straight from fruit to bag, which explains why the one seed has molded.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
9,187 Posts
Any hopes to get viable fruit from seeds? I understand many (most?) fruiting trees don't grow into what you'd expect, and that grafting onto new rootstock is the typical method for propagating the species.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I know that farmers do grafting, but that's done in order to have a tree begin to fruit as quickly as possible because farmers have a business to run.

Growing fruit from seeds like I'm doing takes a good deal longer. For example, for pomegranate to begin to fruit, it takes as much as 5 year before it begins to fruit. It can be as soon as 2 years though. Avocados take anywhere from 5yrs to 10yrs before it begins to fruit.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
So I've found a few things about mangos in California. Apparently, they're a thing here in SoCal!! So out in the Coachella Valley (Palm Springs, Palm Desert, Indio, etc.) they have mango groves!! Then in San Diego County, Los Angeles County, and Orange County, they are spotted all throughout. I'd imagine that they are fairly common to the San Bernardino and Riverside County (where I live) areas as the climate are all roughly the same to each other, excluding mountain areas.

My challenge with both my mango and avocado trees is the fact that I get light dusting of snow where I live each winter. I'm at a 2,800ft elevation so it does happen from time to time each winter.

That said, here are some better pictures of my little trees.

Oh, and one of my pomegranate seeds took hold!

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
I like listening to AM radio. Most people don’t realize how far those stations signals travel at night and when the weather conditions are right. Living in Michigan, I can tune into Nashville or Toronto most evenings. And this can be with pretty much any portable or car radio.

I also listen to some shortwave. Mostly commercial stations. I’ve listened to stations from Cuba, South America, Europe, and I think I tuned into a station from Japan once. And this is all done with a basic portable shortwave radio and its whip antenna.

·
Registered
8 Posts
mine is art which i have been doing since i was 13 years old,i do all kinds of other stuff as well but " renders " as i call them is the thing i do best
i do all kinds of them cartoons pepole,landscapes to name a few
the foloowing i did as a demo for my facebook page on my art
billah the experince i think i spelled it right
as of late ive had a thing for rendering tbirds

Attachments

21 - 27 of 27 Posts