·
Super Moderator
12,914 Posts
Awesome! Now where's that doobie emoji?

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Do you guys think that Boeing has hit its low at ~$333/share? Or do you guys speculate that it'll go down a hair further?

I'm looking to get on that "vulture" stock bandwagon.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Do you guys think that Boeing has hit its low at ~$333/share? Or do you guys speculate that it'll go down a hair further?

I think it could go down a hair further - right NOW is when the stocks sort of bottom out before the new year starts .. if you watch the trends. This same time last year, you could have bought BA for about $330 - about its current price today. Last March it went to about $420, but hasn't been that high since. It will get back there.

It really depends how you are looking to invest for the long term. I think there are so many stocks out there with potential over a 5 year growth that will outperform BA, I just haven't figured out which ones I want to go with yet.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
What other stocks would be a good buy to hold for a year or two and make a profit? Ideally, stocks that also provide a dividend as well.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
What other stocks would be a good buy to hold for a year or two and make a profit? Ideally, stocks that also provide a dividend as well.
Its a huge risk factor, I am trying to figure out this information as well. :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Most of my Weed stocks are pretty much "penny" stocks at this point.

I need to diversify into more Tech / Pharma / Telecom - a majority of what I own now is Mutual funds / Aerospace and Defense contractors / Automotive.

I think pretty much anything and everything over the next two years is going to be on an upwards journey.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Working on my list .. I have a bunch of stock analysis data that I have been combing over the last few days / Buy/Hold/Sell recommendation .. and I look into the Earnings / Growth potential / as well as the Revenue / Earnings over the last 5+ years, as long as I see an Upward Trend, I am looking at long term profits. This is by no means a complete or comprehensive list, I am just trying to sort out my next round of purchases over the next month for long term holdings / or potential to sell at peak around February / March 2020 for Short term investment ..

KEEP IN MIND, Anything I post is considered my personal opinion, but here is my first round of picks with additional "tech sector picks" for 2020 .. I haven't gone through the Pharma / Bio / ETC .. I am still working on this, but Id like to spread about $5000 in the next few weeks before everything picks up again.

Please, share your thoughts if you have any additional input - these "picks" are purely based on performance revenue / earning with growth over the last few years. These stocks ALL have been increasing in earnings / revenue consistently.

MSFT - Microsoft
BAC - Bank of America

GM - General Motors ( Pays 4% dividend quarterly also ) <<<----- This was my favorite stock over 2019

SNE - Sony Corp.
NTDOY - Nintendo
NFLX - Netflix

NOC - Northrop Grumman
RTN - Raytheon

My biggest winner 2019

TCNFF - Truelieve Cannabis - this one was the most profitable stock purchase for me this year.

BIGGEST LOSER 2019

ACB - Aurora Cannabis PENNY STOCK if you ask me. Im not expecting any gains for a few years at least / after legalization, etc .. not a short term investment at this point. I lost a LOT of money on this bet, and its going to take a long time to turn to profit if ever.

·
Super Moderator
12,914 Posts
I’ll get back to you next week. I’m on a short vacation with my family this weekend.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Tesla at $450 today. :p :p :p

For what its worth TM - I bought 2 shares of TSLA when you did .. I told myself that if you came back in a few years bragging about the $6000 high, I would kick my own ass. LOL :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Super Moderator
12,914 Posts
Awesome! Glad I could help! (y)

... still looking for that doobie emoji to celebrate $420 ! We can hit the pipe again when it gets to $4,020 !

I think the current price target is $535

Reactions: CDsDontBurn

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
You know its 4:20 every day here in California. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Just ask Elon

Depends who you ask about the price target .. I saw it jump 3 times in the last 3 days .. last I saw it was $500, then $515. I still find low estimates, but even those are more like $300, higher than the $240 I saw last week. :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

·
Super Moderator
12,914 Posts
Yeah, there's a high, low and mean (consensus) PT for every stock. One of my go to (Free) sources for info is marketscreener.com

Right now for 34 analysts they're showing price targets of $530 on the high side, $328 consensus and $200 on the low side.

So - right now - It's over the mean and moving toward the high side.

Do you use stop losses on your holdings? I haven't set some but I should. The rule of thumb - as I understand it - is roughly plus or minus 10% of your purchase price.

Anyway here's the page: TESLA INC. : Target Price Consensus and Analysts Recommendations | TSLA | MarketScreener

I really like the Market Screener site.

·
Super Moderator
12,914 Posts

My target right now would be $305 to $320.

Reactions: CDsDontBurn

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Do you use stop losses on your holdings? I haven't set some but I should. The rule of thumb - as I understand it - is roughly plus or minus 10% of your purchase price.
Not currently. For the most part, I hold everything to continue earning / re-investing dividends. I would set them if I were more active in day trading wit a lot of buying / selling, absolutely .. I just don't have time for that. Its bad enough that I am at work during the day checking my portfolio. :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:

·
Super Moderator
12,914 Posts
LOL ... I do the same thing. (Checking my portfolio and sometimes even trading while at work.) I was interning at Lowes Hardware Corp. once and heard a story of a guy who was fired for day trading while at work. It's a big no-no. But not so much with my job. They're not so strick about that sort of thing as long as our work gets done and we're ready and available when we're needed.

I got kind of burnt once on a stop-loss that I had set on Amberella (AMBA) (They make sensors for security cameras, GoPro cameras, etc.) I had purchased it and set a stop loss just above my purchase price. Six months later the stock dropped to my stop-loss, my shares were sold out and then the stock rebounded (within the day). I wasn't happy but I still made just over a grand on the trade. Bulls make money, Bears make money, Hogs get slaughtered! LOL

The consensus on the stock is still pretty good. It topped out at $129 in July of 2015. Currently floating between $52 and $67. My target buy would be $30 to $36 but no more than $40. they're also another semiconductor company that, IMHO, may become a takeover / merger target.

Reactions: dDUBb

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Buying and selling stocks while at work ?? No Comment. :censored::censored::censored::censored:

As long as the work gets done .. it also helps that I am the construction project Foreman. These people left me by myself to finish our job at NASA for the whole last year. :cool::cool::cool::cool:

Maybe you can explain to me why it takes Siemens almost 6 months to deliver a Temperature sensor that needed to be installed 6 months ago ?? :p:p:p

I was just talking to another foreman the other day about making investments - he just put his money into Gold before it went up again recently. I told him Platinum and Palladium are also good bets for the long term.

Never heard of Amberella .. they are local to me also in Santa Clara. Interesting .. I will need to do some research, but basically all these newer semiconductor companies outsource their wafer fab to China on machines built by Applied Materials ( local ) .. I just cant guarantee the quality of the piping / contamination in any of the 19 different gasses they use to make a chip wafer in China. Semiconductor foundry work is part of my job description. :whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
I have some shares of ACB, but would they be best to hold them for the long term or just cut losses now?

Marijuana stocks in general are tanking all over the place, but ACB specifically seems to be amongst the poorest performing of the bunch.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
I have some shares of ACB, but would they be best to hold them for the long term or just cut losses now?

Marijuana stocks in general are tanking all over the place, but ACB specifically seems to be amongst the poorest performing of the bunch.
I don't see them going up anytime soon. If it isn't hurting you to hold money on that spot, I would just hang on to them for the long term. If they ever legalize it in the USA, all of these stocks are going to do well. The whole "vaping epidemic" hurt that market, and its completely saturated now. My only Cannabis solid performer right now is (TCNFF) Truelieve Cannabis in Florida. I think they are doing well now because its so far away from the market saturation ( Canada / California )

·
Super Moderator
12,914 Posts
I don't play the cannabis sector so I can't comment. I defer to dDUBb.

His advice is sound. If you can wait it out, just sit it out and see what happens.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
I'll wait it out. The sh!tty part about my ACB shares is that on my initial investment, I was debating between this and AMD. This was back when AMD was ~$9/share, lol.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

81 - 100 of 638 Posts