TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well just ordered a Bullit intake at a really good price if you ask me.. whats $580 shipped sound like.. I got the whole intake, throttle body and boot all brand new never installed.. well im gonna be putting this on my 95' I have done the PI conversion w/ xe268ah cams.. the filler neck is on the passanger side.. just curios howmuch will this intake help me out since i got the pi conversion and cams.. thnk the compresion ration should be around 10:1 or something like that.. well let me know what i need to get this baby on..
thnsk,
fred

·
Registered
26 Posts
DirtySouth said:
Well just ordered a Bullit intake at a really good price if you ask me.. whats $580 shipped sound like.. I got the whole intake, throttle body and boot all brand new never installed.. well im gonna be putting this on my 95' I have done the PI conversion w/ xe268ah cams.. the filler neck is on the passanger side.. just curios howmuch will this intake help me out since i got the pi conversion and cams.. thnk the compresion ration should be around 10:1 or something like that.. well let me know what i need to get this baby on..
thnsk,
fred

well there are 33 items that make-up a "Bullitt" intake, some of the stuff you can get buy wthout. you'll atleast need: coolant tube and nipple, alt, electric connector and alt brkt, thrttle cable, cruise cable and brkt, EGR tube (or a delete kit) air inlet tube & PCV tubes

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
Randy Stinchcomb said:
well there are 33 items that make-up a "Bullitt" intake, some of the stuff you can get buy wthout. you'll atleast need: coolant tube and nipple, alt, electric connector and alt brkt, thrttle cable, cruise cable and brkt, EGR tube (or a delete kit) air inlet tube & PCV tubes
Tbirds do not need the electrical connector or the EGR tube(the stang part won't fit).
JL

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well JL i know you did the swap... So far I complete intake and TB and boot.. A friend has a Mark 8 alt. will that wrk? WIll the 96-97 Throttle and Cruise cable, and fuel rails wrk? I would really appreciate a link or list of what is needed.. Hey JL you got a list or something or a link any where...
thanks,
fred

·
3,232 Posts
DirtySouth said:
Well JL i know you did the swap... So far I complete intake and TB and boot.. A friend has a Mark 8 alt. will that wrk? WIll the 96-97 Throttle and Cruise cable, and fuel rails wrk? I would really appreciate a link or list of what is needed.. Hey JL you got a list or something or a link any where...
thanks,
fred
Yes,a Mark 8 alt will work,but you'll need the Bullitt throttle and speed control cables.You'll have to reloacte the speed control unit a bit closer to the intake as well-you'll see what I mean when you pull the fender splash shield to relocate it.Use the '96-'97 Tbird rails so the fuel line inlets will be in the correct location,and you'll need to modify the pass side rail to fit around the rear of the intake. The coolant tube is a must,but the PCV tube is not.
JL

·
3,232 Posts
Palmguy said:
I think you may have trouble fitting under a '94-95 hood.
That's right..it barely fits under a '96-'97 hood.
JL

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
:uppoint:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well first of all Guitar Maestro HELL NO!!! I was lucky to get it for $558 shipped.. brand new.. the complete intake, t-body and boot.. Well where theres a will theres a way.. i make it fit under the hood.. by the way i have hood pins so that should also help.. fut. plans are a cobra hood..but for now i need to install it..well i would like some pics of the bullit intake to see how everything is installed like vacum lines and all.. I just basicly wanna have the baddest birds down here in the RGV, TX.. I alreay have a fast 95 SC and now this one.. well the help is sure appreciated...

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Just how much extra HP is the Bullitt intake good for over; say a PI intake?

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Traveler said:
Just how much extra HP is the Bullitt intake good for over; say a PI intake?
only 5-10hp peak, but alot more under the curve. People have dropped two tenths in the swap.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts