TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
all right guy's n gals got a question{s} here . i need to know what of the fancy stuff aka controls aren't neccessary for operation of the vehicle in question here . my 95 bird . i know i can ditch the egr , but what else isn't really needed . i am going to be going bracket racing hopefully by early summer next year, despite some who think im full of it here and abroad , { if i get my 53 back together so i got wheels ! } and am making a list and in some cases already modifying some things as i'm wandering around here aimlessly at home . i want it as simple to deal with as possible and i'm not worried about it being emissions legal or big brother freindly . and what is an idle air control ??? anything like adjusting the idle on my oh so familiar carbs ??? well i'm back out to the garage now to continue the dissasembly of the 91 for parts for both the vehicles so later !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh yeah as soon as the 91 is apart i am dropping the tank and with some mandrel bent exhaust pieces and both exhaust systems going to be making my own dual's without cats and a set of single chamber flowmasters i found on craiglist for 75 for the pair a stang guy had for sale . yes i know i gotta have the 'putor retuned , not quite that dense :D and the driveline will be the npi 4.6 i just acquired .... with a few goodies i found on the sites listed in nick mckinneys listed sites and blue oval chips !!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thanx for the info . wouldn't have disposed of the pcv anyway , hades i'm putting one on the flatty in my pickup to do away with the " draft " tube . pretty much what i figured as basics but was curious about the other electronics etc. so we'll leave well enough alone outside of the three mentioned . again thanx .

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tha's going away as soon as i get the 91 outta here and i put the 95 in to change the radiator ,oil and some other things . don't need a/c . i drive my 53 year round without it and noone wants to borrow 'em if they aint got air etc.... LOL !!!!!!!!!!!:D

·
Confirmed V6 Nut
2,261 Posts
Where you Bracket racing? What are the specifics you are trying to fit into?

Last time I went bracket racing, I had 4 runs. 17.058, 17.052, 17.000, and 17.058. I won all but the last one. I had 16.88 dials on the first 2 and a 17.00 dial on the last 2.

You want your car dead consistent as well as your reaction time. My reaction on the last one was twice the other driver's. That is why I finished 2nd.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
next season either gonna go down to gateway or wander over to havanna which is an 1/8th mile track and the most likely . been gone dirt track racing for what 23 or 24 years so it should be interesting , and hopefully i don't try to turn left . may not be purty if i do .......... as far as consistent for the car or me it'll take time in both cases . as far as specifics there aren't any other than trying to do it fairly cheaply with as many low buck parts / mods i can as i just don't want to spend a ton of cash thats why i quit dirt racing . even the cheapest class got to the point where just to have fun and be somewhat competitive got to be pricey . we'll let the chips fall where they will . a freind of mine had one of those for a lack of a better term " digital meters " that can show you 1/4 mile times , g forces etc. you plug into your cars lighter , and one foray down to gateway and the best i got was a low 15 time at 80 sum mile an hour the way it sits now .don't know what the hades i done with the slip......... this modern car is a challenge to me so i tend to ask a bunch of questions even if they seem stupid . i also tend to do a lot of research and learn /immerse myself in things before i delve in too deep . had to do the same with my truck as i never in my life owned one of those 8 cylinder briggs and strattons called a flathead , now it's like waking up and walking around , it's just there . trying to get there with these newer engines . so far despite a lot of confusion i'm impressed with these lil mod motors .

·
Confirmed V6 Nut
2,261 Posts
Well, what I'm trying to say is that for bracket racing, you don't have to buy or strip anything. You can run the car as is, except for tuning it up, and making sure you have reliable parts in place.

If you like, I can pm you with the SCCoIA club's president's information. He bracket races a SC.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
both . right now it's my daily as my truck is down for work , and when it's back up i imagine the wife will be using it occassionally as her pt vert and her new van are / have gotten the hades dented out of them at her place of employment .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts