TCCoA Forums banner

What Can I Swap Out?

822 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  SteakNuggetz 
#1 ·
Hey everyone. I was wondering what can I swap out from a 93 thunderbird sc with the 3.8L SC engine onto my 93 thunderbird lx with a 5.0L HO in it. Someone said that there are some parts on the sc that i can swap out onto my vehicle to make it better. So now I want to know a list of what I can swap out without any or much modification. (Already stole fram air filter) :D so help me out.

Sincerely,
David C.

#2 ·
Drivetrain parts mostly... transmission, driveshaft, rear end, and the rear disc set up if you don't have it already.

With your car being 5.0, and the other being 3.8 - not much you can take engine wise - except for the air filter.. and probably the air silencer if you was really desperate.

-Melon

#6 ·
form the work i've done with my dad it's alot harder than that you might have to replace the master cylinder and you have to route your new brake lines

#8 ·
I've got SC rear discs on my base 91 and didn't use the master cylinder or run new brake lines. May have done something in the rear with the lines - but it's been long enough, I don't remember.

-Melon

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.