TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
stall for my birdie... everyone keeps going on and on oh man thats way to high blah blah.. its just annoying, should I keep my mouth shut or show em at the track why I got such a high stall?

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
KrAzyT said:
stall for my birdie... everyone keeps going on and on oh man thats way to high blah blah.. its just annoying, should I keep my mouth shut or show em at the track why I got such a high stall?
Just tell 'em they're a F-in idiot,and move on.
JL

·
Registered
332 Posts
Man that is WAY too high of a stall!!! What are you thinking??

:tongue: J/K, show em at the track, actions speak louder than words. Most people who argue about what they don't know are too stubburn to learn until they see it.

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
what keith and JL said.. i use that line all the time..

You're a fu***ng idiot, get away from me

of course, thats usually for the honda boyz w/ an a/f and boost gauge in a pillar pod.. but no sending unit or turbo? why you have it? cuz it has pretty colors... right.. see quote

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts
I'm about to reinstall mine, I just had it raised some more, asked for 4500 this time. The one in my Lightning is 3500, everyone, I mean everyone thinks that is too high, but I have yet to see another one sixty foot as quick unless they are a good bit quicker through the quarter. Track times don't lie. Let em keep thinking that way.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
As far as street drving is concerned, how does the car drive and react to having a high stall converter as opposed to a stock one.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
97Tibirdman said:
As far as street drving is concerned, how does the car drive and react to having a high stall converter as opposed to a stock one.

It will feel a little sluggish in traffic until the converter locks up. There really isn't much downside to having high stall with a lockup converter. Slightly less gas mileage and hard to get moving on snow and ice. You have to relearn the vehicle, punching it in a corner that you always punched it in before could be hazardous.
Alan

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
oh im excitied now :) But I can't do that anymore... Got me to many points.. I do remember doing that once taking this girl for a ride and the shift took the car almsot all the way around! Id be scared of the 3800!

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Just tell them "yeah, you're right", then beat their ***... f-ing idiots...

No down side to high stall that I ever felt.. until I put the custom ground Compcams in.. then it was a little tough moving short distances at slow speed, until SCT spent two days driving the car around doing a driveability tune...

By the way James, you might suggest to Lonnie that he get my tune from J. It might save him some time with your's.

I used to swap back and forth between the '96 (3200) and the '95 (stock) daily.. and never even knew it.. you just get used to it.. now the brakes were another story.. I had the 13" dual piston brakes on the '96 and the stock brakes on the '95.. that was day and night.

-mike

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
ha! i replace my tires every 18 months :D

oh, thanks Mike.. JL told me that J had your file and then he stole your cams. :D

grab your file, remove the gear change, add 03 GT maf and we should be set... i may even have ported heads and 10:1 CR by then as well.. we shall see...

stall probably only gonna be 2800 though for a while..

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
jamesD said:
ha! i replace my tires every 18 months :D

oh, thanks Mike.. JL told me that J had your file and then he stole your cams. :D

grab your file, remove the gear change, add 03 GT maf and we should be set... i may even have ported heads and 10:1 CR by then as well.. we shall see...

stall probably only gonna be 2800 though for a while..
Well if you're gonna bump the compression, JL's might work a bit better.. I was only talking about Lonnie using the idle parameters... you should have the GT MAF and 3.73's by now.. heck you're the Chapter Pres.. what kind of example are you setting..

Where are you getting the heads?? and I got that PI converter from DR and he's pretty notorious for ordering them with the 2800 stock stall.. and I never tested it.. 2800, 3200 .. there's not enough diff there to affect the tune that much.. just get it to lock aggressively right after shift in 2nd and 3rd..

-mike

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
KrAzyT said:
am i going to have to replace alot of tires?
Only if you drive the car.

Does it matter?

Seriously, the higher stall keeps your tires from spinning at WOT in first gear.. that's the purpose. Get yourself a set of Hoosier QT Pros for the track, and keep your foot out of it on the street (yeah, right).. it's the power you've got that'll burn the tires, not the TC.

-mike

1 - 20 of 27 Posts