TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the scenario:

Wide open throttle up a slight hill then completely off the throttle right before the 2 - 3 shift. Everytime I do this, it causes the transmission to slam into 3rd.

I have a nasty exit where I'm coming off a tight cloverleaf exit and merging into traffic which is doing 75 - 85 mph, while they are trying to exit. It is two exit lanes to my one merge lane, which has a decreasing radius at the end so it really bleeds off the speed. I come out of the curve and hammer it.

Probably 70% of the time, I’m smashing the gas to merge and get up to speed and some mutant will cut me off while they are slowing to take the exit. So I have to lift throttle (and maybe get on the brakes).

BANG it shifts into 3rd gear HARD! :beek:

I know it can’t be good for the transmission, but what is causing it? I don’t think I have a problem as it works perfect all other times. It is just this specific scenario. I’m just curious.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Check out my post and the replies just below yours titled 2-3 shift a bit hard-lots of great info and I think we both have the same problem...

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
Throttle induced 2-3 THUNK

Check out my post and the replies just below yours titled 2-3 shift a bit hard-lots of great info and I think we both have the same problem...
I don;t know if these are exact same symptoms as yours under same Throttle times but I agree with DD that its in Main VB & I had actually not noticed that mine does'nt do the Throttle induced 2-3 THUNK anymore with parts fm DD in my 96 Main VB which should be darn similar to 97 Main VB - Just for giggles this is what we did:

Sonnax Main Regulator Valve (black) & the shorter stiffer Spring fm 2001 Main VB.

O Ringed End Cap fm 2001 Main VB in 2-3 Shift Valve.

Sonnax Solenoid Pressure Regulator (black) Valve from 2001 VB but used the heavier 96 Spring vice the TEENY Sonnax Spring from the 2001 VB... & by teeny I mean it slipped over the small tit on the PR Valve vice bearing on the flat "lands" like all the other Springs do in the like PR Valves of both VB's

Stayed with Jerry's desired Orange (or Brown) Spring in Converter Clutch Servo & 0D Servo as the 96 Main VB already had both - (2001 main VB had longer lighter CC Spring with entirely different OD Servo Assy & 2001 Sep Plate has Feed Hole for it, etc...)

Mild JMOD settings on 96 Sep Plate in keeping w/stock Motor.

http://www.sonnax.com/index.php

1 - 3 of 3 Posts