Votes: 19 38.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I gotta compare my wee little brain to somebody elses. Also, did anybody else think that the math section includes entirely too much geometry? I took that **** 3 years ago, i dont remember that! Anyway i got a 27 all you old guys with majors lemme hear what you got.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I took it back when i was in HS still, i did everything they told me not to do before taking a test lol. I stayed up way late at night, didnt eat anything, didnt study...and i managed a 27 somehow. I should have taken it again but oh well.

Greg

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
32 first time, 33 second time :D

-Miller

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
oh and by teh way i was above 30 in every section and had 36 on math when i got the 33, but that doesn't mean i can spell, write, talk, or even get good grades though:rolleyes:

-Miller

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
WTF :eek: Are you guys serious??????????????

I took the damn thing 4 times,

1- 17- good nights sleep, good breakfast, went over sample Qs.
2- 17- Same as above
3- 17- hardley any sleep, no breakfast, didnt look at a damn thing
4- 17- Went hung over, with little sleep

I needed an 18 to be accepted to my School, however, i took a test over Math and English for a 5000$ scholarship, placed second out of 110 students. Needless to say they accepted me on that performance.

That ACT dont mean **** if you want my honest opinion, but oh well, been there done that, not going to do it again. i have 3 semesters left as a business major, i hope to never see one of those standardized tests ever again.

"Cuz i gotz my ejumacation"

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
I got a 27 too and that was with out really studying. I hated those tests. I never needed them anyway. I went to a community college and they didnt really care much on those. Then the second school is a art school and they just looked at my past college and other artistic things to evaluate me on.

I think if I tried harder and actually did study a lot I could have pulled off some better grades and made it into better schools but then I wouldnt be where I am at now, which is happy. Broke, but happy.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I made a 25 the frist time and a 28 my second time.

The best prep for the thing was taking the AP practice test for english. The AP stuff makes the ACT look like elementry stuff.

Made a 34 in both Science and Reading comp. Math f`ed me up with a 21 and grammer was like a 23. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
77 Posts
I got a 32, and I had to take the thing in another state because I was in my cousin's wedding the same day. So I took the ACT in the morning and was in his wedding that afternoon.

Only took it the one time.

Dale

·
Registered
970 Posts
studying? for the ACTs?

I got a pair of 28s myself....

I picked up a 33 on the science and reasoning the first time around.....figured I'd give it another go and see if I could bring up the rest. Ended up with a 27 on S&R the second time.

Can't speel nemore.....can't right......but I kan talk!

-jw

·
Registered
144 Posts
21 in my sophmore year of high school

·
Registered
95 Posts
29 junior, 30 early senior, 29 late senior

Made something like 26 or 27 pretty much all 3 times for reading and english. The math was in the 33-36 range and the science went from 26-33 ?? Tests like this seem to have more to do with test taking skill than tha actual knowledge of the subjects I think. I hated the reading and english sections so I kinda rushed through em.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts