TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Since I bought my bird I've been thinking about what direction I want to go with it. I've been reading about all the different builds on hear and have come up with 3 basic blueprints and I'm trying to figure out which driection to go. Keep in mind the car will be a daily driver for at least a year or two. I also at some point in the cars life want to do the 5 speed swap because honeslty I am quite sick of dealing with auto's and all their problems. Heres the options:

1. PI swap with mild mods. Tranny rebuild, Marauder converter and J-MOD and possibly a gear swap. and a tune

2. Rebuild the stock NPI block and add a supercharger. Tranny rebuild, Marauder converter J-MOD and gear swap. and a tune

3. This is the all out option...PI swap + forged internals+supercharger. 5-speed swap + gear swap. All complimented by a tune.

Obviously option 3 is the direction everyone would go if they could, but I'm not sure how DD friendly it would be. I'm just looking for input on how to go about modding my Bird. If I left anything out of the different options (which I'm sure i did) feel free to ad it. I greatly appreciate any Input. Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
799 Posts
i like the 1st sugestion.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm definatley devoted....but the problem is the car is going to be DD. So the mods would have to be done one at a time because I can't really go without the car for more than a weekend at a time...maybe a week at the most.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Obviously another question is your budget. If you have the money but its the time thats giving you problems, then like the others said just piece it together as you can. But like I said budget needs to be considered.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well time is really the only problem...budget is a problem at the moment....but I just landed a MUCH better job than my current one. So once I start raking in the $$$ the parts will come fast. Probably much faster than I can get them installed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts