TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have the 95 merc cougar xr7 i would like to have the 18 or 17 type on my cougar. right now i have the drum brakes in the rear but i dont mind upgrading the rear brakes to make it work it is on the list to do.

·
Super Moderator
12,086 Posts
There's no need to upgrade brakes when switching to 17" or 18" rims.

You will need to make sure that the rims you get are in the correct Tbird/Cougar bolt pattern. Look around the Tires/Wheels forum for more info.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
There's only one way mustang bolt pattern it's the best way and only way the other way u are limited to wheel options, the rear hubs are 155 each if u need a pair let me know the front is easy by mustang front hub assemblies from 96-04 there cheap u can get the pair off eBay 75 tops

Robert

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
You can also save the hub swaps and get the Bullitts in the Tbird pattern from the Custom Wheel Shop if they still have them. I found it cheaper than doing the Mustang pattern swap. Works with rear disk or drum.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Well also the rear drums are fine u just gotta redrill the drum, and your good to go

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have a extra set of rotors and pads for the rear for my mustang. that i never used yet i was thinking on swaping out the rear drum to disk thats what i was asking. i was thinking on swaping out the drums and all to help it stop better and to look for a hub spendle setup to make it work

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
If he gets disk parts from a thunderbird they will work just fine, parking brake and all. I had to redrill my rear rotors for it.
Alan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts