TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put 150 shot on my 3.8 SC Thunderbird and I was wondering what all I would need to Modify in order for my engine to take it and not blow up? Like for Example: What kind of Spark plugs should I get....one of my friends said I should get a couple ranges colder then what I have. but I haven't checked out what I have yet. Thanks guys, I dont know nuthin boutr nitrous.

·
Registered
836 Posts
150 is extremely risky in my opinion. start at 75 and pray that it holds up long term. I would get a dyno tune just to be sure.

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
before you dump your money on nitrous do a lot of reading on the subject. If this is your only car to get back and forth from school/work, then consider saving your money for something else.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Serious?

Come on man, I know within 2 years I'll probably be done with this car. I got this car to supe up and beat on........ with style that is of course. When I'm done with this car, I wanna look at it.... and not say "man i shoulda done that to it". I wanna say " damn I'm so glad i did that to it". This car is gonna be a huge part of my life for the next two years at least. I wanna make this one roaring mother****er ya know. I know moddin cars is just like playing with fire and the more you do, you just lose that much more reliability. But hey man I see that as just part of the game. Can't have everything........well......no you cant. What Spark plugs would you guys prefer with what heat range?

·
Registered
594 Posts
You also don't want to say, "damn I'm so glad I blew this engine."

I know what you mean, but a 150 shot is a lot for a supercharged V6.

My dad has a 150 shot on his Camaro, I mean we could go higher but he also has forged pistons, rods, and crank.

Have you ever used nitrous?

The 75 shot will also act like an intercooler and will net a higher gain on forced inducted engines. You will probably put out 100 hp from that 75 shot.

Have fun with the car, although don't go to crazy to blow its brains out.
Nitrous doesn't blow engines, the users do.
Later.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts