TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Unless you own a wide-body Denali, I would go against putting those on your bird. ;)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why do you say that. those rim are only 18X8. or do you mean they look like rims for trucks.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
they

look like rwd truck rims

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
yes

those look more like car rims, but unless the car was drastically lowered, it wouldn't look right

·
Premium Member
4,161 Posts
Dude, I don't know what your budget is, but with either of those wheels, you're talking about spending like $3k on wheels and tires. That's just plain foolish!

If you REALLY want to enjoy your Bird, get an Allen blower and/or do a 99+ GT engine swap. Then you can get a nice set of 17" wheels/tires and be good to go.

No point in trying to outshow the ricers, OUTRUN them. MUCH more satisfying in the end.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The first one are really expensive

I agree they are expensive I was just asking what you all thought (nice, not nice). The second rims (which I'm more interested in, should have posted the Neepers first)are not that expensive. $2500 with tires is a damn good price especially for Neepers and 18's. I already have 17's and I personally think they look too small. Im not trying to outshow anybody I just want to upgrade to 18's and wanted opinions you know. I already have PI Heads P&P and PI intake just havent had time to install them. So with performance I'll be covered.

Thanks

:D

·
8,239 Posts
Damn,

You say 2500$ is good for "neepers" and tires. You must have deeper pockets than I, lol.

I agree with SW, you can get a 99 engine, and do alot more with your car for that amount.

I currently have new 16'' Jaguar S type wheels on my car, that I paid 300 dollars for, and that included some brand new 225/55/16 Bridgestone Turanza ZR's.

Justin

·
8,239 Posts
Re: no engine swap for me

Ok,

So you have stock wheels now? I really like the 17'' svt thunderbird wheels from tirerack. In silver, not chrome.

I really like the 90 anniversary sc black wheels, those would look nice on most tbirds depending on the color.

Also, I really dig the 94-95 sc wheels, or the sport's wheels. Those look good with 255/16's.

There really isn't alot in our bolt pattern, and you gotta look hard to find something good.

good luck,
Justin

EPTX80 said:
Already got pi heads and intake. Pockets are deep when no bills to pay

·
drag-aholic
1,056 Posts
Concept Neeper are expensive wheels. If you have the money cool. I actually liked the first one better than the second, but my tastes are a little different anyway. Have money to spend, check these out, more for fun, i don't even know if they make our bolt pattern
Davin wheels
Davin's movie page

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Same Here Bagged

I love both of those rims but I'll probably go with the Neepers the first ones are a way too much i think like 864 a wheel.

haha..want to slip me some of them pants???
custom made pants

So you have stock wheels now?
I have 17x7 Alessio chrome rims. Damn I need a camera to post some pics

·
Registered
191 Posts
Why not stay with Ford's style?

I mean every year Ford comes out with some cool looking rims for there SVT group. I wanted to be alittle different and get the "not so popular" Y2K cobra R's. They look really good on my car. Just needs to be lowered and put 50's instead of 45's. And like JustinH said take the rest of the money and put into the driveline (that's what I'm doing :D )

Just a thought.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts