TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Boost!!!
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't find a thread like this, so I started one...
Just wondering what everyone is carrying now days.
My daily carry consists of (In no particular order)
Knives- Cold steel code 4 (folder), Bradley cutlery mayhem(balisong), CRKT minimalist (neck knife), Swiss army knife (on keychain). I have several knives that I rotate in, but these are what I carry 75-80% of the time. What can I say? I'm a knife guy...lol :grin2:
Flashlights- Thrunite tc12, Ultratac K18 (on keychain)
Multi-tool- Leatherman surge
Lighters- polished stainless zippo HD case with a vector thunderbird butane torch insert, standard bic lighter (on leatherman pouch), polished stainless peanut lighter(on keychain). Btw I don't smoke, I'm just a pyro. >:)
Misc- Schrade SCPENBK (pen) and a rite in the rain 3x5 notebook,
Last, but not least, I carry a S&W M&P Shield in 9MM everywhere but the courthouse or banks with metal detectors...lol
That's what I carry every day pretty religiously, and I feel naked without it...(my wife calls it my batman belt...lol)

So who else carries stuff like this every day? What's your load-up? Post it up people.:wink2:

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
My EDC is a Springfield 1911A1 "loaded" model, full size with 7+1 230gr Critical Defense and two additional 7 rd magazines in a Tactical Response belly band style holster. LOVE the holster, anything that can make a full size 1911 (the gun I shoot the best) comfortable for all day carry is a good holster. I also carry a SOG assisted open Ignitor with a Tanto blade, phone, glucose tabs (type 1 diabetic).

I figure if 22rds of .45ACP can't get me out of immediate danger, I never should have been there in the first place.

I've carried a pocket knife of some sort since i was in Cub Scouts in 2nd grade. I used to use Swiss Army knives, then multi-tools, but I've discovered that instead of half a screwdriver, I am much better off with just a plain knife blade and then keeping my real tools (I'm an IT guy) in my work bag.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Kershaw made in USA knife. Xds 9mm in a crossbreed or a rugar lcp380 in a pocket holister if I gota leave it in car for work or silly gun laws. And usually some 20$ish flashlight that's tiny but bright!

·
Boost!!!
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kershaw made in USA knife.
Nice I just bought a Kershaw dividend. It sharpened up great! I put a mirror Polish on.the edge of all my knives after I use the factory edge long enough to need it.

My EDC is a Springfield 1911A1 "loaded" model, full size with 7+1 230gr Critical Defense and two additional 7 rd magazines in a Tactical Response belly band style holster. LOVE the holster, anything that can make a full size 1911 (the gun I shoot the best) comfortable for all day carry is a good holster.
I bought a N82 (Nate squared) tactical holster 2 years ago and.it is extremely comfortable! It feels like you have a folded in half newspaper in your belt. The gun doesn't come in contact with your body at all! I love it.

·
Super Moderator
7,526 Posts
Um... wallet, phone, keys, and a pen. Obviously I thought this tread was going in a different direction.

·
Super Moderator
17,043 Posts
Tell me more about the Zippo butane insert? I too carry one for no reason at all but it never works unless I fill it every day, whether I light up a dumpster or not :tongue:

I used to carry an Italian stiletto switchblade until I lost it(literally lost it, not crazy "I ******* lost it!"), and never got around to finding another to replace it. Otherwise just keys, a Swiss Army knife, phone and wallet.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Wallet, keys, phone. Still in HS so cant have a knife, and in NJ you cant carry till your 21 (good luck with actually getting a permit even if you are). I want to get a 1911 and a Remington 870 (just for fun) but Ill have to move out before that.

·
Boost!!!
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lighter insert

Just look up vector thunderbird torch. They have a soft flame insert that works like a bic with a wheel and everything, but I like the torch. Also they come empty, so you will have to buy a can of butane. Both can be found easily on ebay.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I carry a NRA pocket knife that was a gift for being a life member.

I have Karr 9mm for concealed carry but don't use it much. I avoid trouble by not going out much at night.

I worked in the public sector 25 years and they were so anti gun I learned to avoid trouble and going unarmed. That made it easier to keep my job in an antigun libtard establishment.

·
Super Moderator
17,043 Posts
Just look up vector thunderbird torch. They have a soft flame insert that works like a bic with a wheel and everything, but I like the torch. Also they come empty, so you will have to buy a can of butane. Both can be found easily on ebay.
Yeah the flame type was what I was curious about, I prefer the soft flame(which is why I have a Zippo) I've got tons of butane cans for the butane torch I use for soldering.

·
Super Moderator
10,651 Posts
Wallet, phone, keys, keys, memory sticks, money, shirt with collar.

:)

·
Super Moderator
12,082 Posts
Wallet, phone, keys, keys, memory sticks, money, shirt with collar.

:)
+ ... registration and proof of insurance for those "special" occasions. lol

·
Super Moderator
10,651 Posts
+ ... registration and proof of insurance for those "special" occasions. lol
I now make sure they're still the right ones, lol.

I need to be good until at least July... 0:)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts