TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 94 bird with 130, on the ticker. I just got a 93 Mark VIII engine and trans for 200. bucks. (with all wiring and ecu) Now for the question. Would I be better off going with the mark heads or go with 96-98 sohc heads. Eather way the bottem end will be a forged short block and will be under forced induction (some time soon I hope) Just not shure which heads I would be better off with after a good PnP'ing. And no I dont want to swap in a PI engine, or use PI heads. If anyone has flow numbers that would be perfect. And as always any input (exept for name calling) is welcome. Thanks.

·
Overkill Fetish Freak
2,458 Posts
Dude your a "Bench racer!!!:cool:

I think if you already have the complete Mark setup and plan to build it up proper it would be cheaper to stick with what you have already rather then buy a set of 2V heads and all the fixings.

Good luck.
-Scott

·
Registered
193 Posts
hey whats up? another person from the buffalo ny area, in located 10 mins from buffalo !! if i was you i would do with the mark 8 stuff and build up that motor and tranny. I would be cheaper anyways that route, especially the motor and probably quicker anyways.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input. My plans were to use all the Mark stuff and then use a cobra intake (so throttle body is in a better spot) But I will probably just use the Mark intake. And then I'll just have to figure out what to do for the valves, cams, and computer. Blacktbird94 I live about 15 min. form Buffalo out in Lockport.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
If you go 2V heads you will need a new timing chain cover/front cover, intake, timing chains, ...the list goes on and gets pretty long.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hood is just added weight so I was going to leave it off. Just kidding. I will be getting a cowl hood before I do this swap, along with a lot of outher things. That is why I am getting input now so I can get everything I need and have the engine built so I can do it this winter. That way I am not rushing it and can do it right. (for once)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts