TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the deal... I sold a guy a complete nose from the 95 Tbird I stripped over the weekend

I think he got a hell of a deal at $275

especially after he started picking off other pieces then decided he only still had enough $$ for the original pieces :mad:

Anyway after him having me give him a copy of the insurance card for the car,
call my tow truck guy and get his name and license number and also the name of the owner's business (since my tow truck guy knows the guy that way)

the guy left with the

hood

bumper cover

Corner lights

headlights (only after I cleaned them to take the yellow off !)

and both fenders (he refused the inner fenders)

He also refused the rubber piece mounted to the frame behind the bumper cover

then he proceeded

oh i need the gauge surround

oh i need the two kick panels

and the moldings in back of them

I figured I would be nice enough and let him have everything (read sucker)

since he supposedly had no more $$

Now he calls me up oh my car is a 97 tbird none of the parts fit

you told me " you thought they would fit so I trusted you"

I replied I said I thought they would fit I thats it

what do you guys/gals think?

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I personally smell BS and I think that the complete nose should go right on providing he removes whats left of his (and straightens the car out)

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Yep, they'll fit. Specially since he got the entire clip. (or at least all the parts necessary to make it fit)

·
Registered
789 Posts
Did you happen to have him sign a paper saying 'as-is'?

·
Registered
789 Posts
on this site I've seen a 92 with a 95 front and a 95 with a 93 front (why, i don't know). I personnally have the headlights from a 96-97, a hood for a 96-97, a fender from a 93 and a 95 front bumper. They did not change the mounts over the years, just the pieces that attach to them. If he knew he was getting 95 parts, he doesn't have a leg to stand on.

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
SVT2888 said:
Last week I saw a 96 T-bird with a nasty 89 front end! :confused:
with the little grooves in it????

I personally like the early SC fronts (and rear). I want to change my 95. However I also want 96-97 clear lights.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
I say pss on him, unless he wants to return all the parts in original condition for his money back. Otherwise I would just say too bad. You picked the parts off, you should know if they fit.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He said he would call me today with his answer I got nothing ... I hate to be a [email protected]#*bag
but the guys whole attitude was kind of crappy and he beat me out of a bunch of parts
since he " had no more money" after the parts were taken off and in his car

not to mention he was like please hurry up I want the parts ready when I get there I dont want to stand around (but he had time to nitpick the free parts he got) :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
I wouldn't have let him have them, and take that stuff off for that price. I'd say give me my parts back in original condition and I'll give you your money back. I'd say you have over $400 in parts if there aren't any problems with them.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
rbrown said:
with the little grooves in it????

I personally like the early SC fronts (and rear). I want to change my 95. However I also want 96-97 clear lights.
Yeah the nasty bumper with the grooves in it. He even had the headlights and corners.

BTW last night at work I saw a 93 Lx with 96 clear corners

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
nope there was one nick in the hood the rest of the parts were clean no scratches dents or dings to me it was fast $$ so I did it before the parts went to ebay and here

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here's the latest..

first call today from the guy he left a message to call him back

second call 10 minutes later it rang once then hung up

third call 15 minutes later I answered it he said he went to a ford body shop ?? and they said the doors are different on the 97 and there was no way that he could put the 95 front end on his car

then he said since the body guy I spoke to said they can do it that he will bring it there and let them put it together since his body shop and he and his brother cant get it together

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
Maybe the moron needs to realize the parts will fit, but they are indeed a little different. I say if he wants to return the parts, you let him bring it all back but you keep $50 for the PITA you had to go through for such a crappy deal.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
oh if he returns the parts ... the money is long spent... he is returning every single part not just the nose of the car all the free parts too or he doesnt get all the $$ back

I figure the gauge surround at $30
and the two kick panels $30 for both maybe

so now he's starting at $215 unless those prices are too much or too little

·
Registered
366 Posts
Just put a hit on him and take his car for the trouble.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts