TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is my planned exhaust setup for my daily driver Tbird! Let me know what you guys think of this.

Magnaflow 2.25 High Flo cats, 2.25 tubing to Dr. Gas Xpipe, 2.25 tubing to 2.5 in/out Dynomax Ultra flo mufflers! This would be a true dual exhaust system( sort of, the x-pipe would be the only connection ).

The mods for this car other than the exhaust is 80 mm LMAF, 70 mm SVO TB, PI cams, Chip, Mark VIII TC, shift-kit. I may also put my Steeda underdrive pulleys on this car, don't know yet!

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Will I lose any low end torque with this setup? I haven't ordered the cats yet as I am still thinking on them. I might just gut my 2 main cats instead, and then run to 2.25 tubing to the X-Pipe. I have ordered the X-pipe and the mufflers though as those are going on for sure!

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
You would probably have more low-end with the high-flow cats rather than without. I think it would sound better with no cats but i'm not sure. I'm sure will gain some high-end, proably just as much as youl lost on the low-end. If it was up to me, I would get a set of KOOKS headers too. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts