TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought some new shoes for the 007. wheels are 2000 cobra r's. 18x9.5's.

but before i could even enjoy the set, two had to leave and go to weldcraft for widening. Yep 18x11's were in order to fit the tire i wanted to use.

rubber for the fronts is 265-35-18 Michelin PS2'S.

rubber for the rears are 315-30-18 Michelin PS2's.

comparison pic

family pic.

locking valve stem caps with lincoln star. very nice.

custom center caps should be here by the middle of the week.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
get them on the damn car already!!! lol looks sweet bro, i envy your wheels :thumbsup:

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
very nice vic.

I'm actually hoping to do that to my original t-bird wheels one day.
Widen the rear, and make the fronts into skinnies.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
get them on the damn car already!!! lol looks sweet bro, i envy your wheels :thumbsup:
look damn good............and wow 11in. wide rears....thats mean!
Damn man...those look very good!!! I want new rims.................:bawling:
Looking good. I'm looking forward to a ride in that machine one day.
Between him and Mike.........

Looks good vic.
Sweet. I have the same wheels in 17X7.5, one has got a crack on the interior lip. Does this weldcraft place fix wheels too?
thanks for the praises guys. :)

going to see car at the end of the week. or worst case scenario bring her back home and finish it up myself.

jesse: yeah the do all kinds of welding. but you would spend way more with shipping included. theres a local place that does welding on rims too. i'll see if i can find a link to it and post it for ya.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
thanks for the praises guys. :)

going to see car at the end of the week. or worst case scenario bring her back home and finish it up myself.

jesse: yeah the do all kinds of welding. but you would spend way more with shipping included. theres a local place that does welding on rims too. i'll see if i can find a link to it and post it for ya.
Cool, thanks. BTW, is that your WS6 in the pic?

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How much weight did it take to balance them?

It looks like a nice weld job, but I'm curious...
both front and rears, i would balance them and then break the tires back down and spin the tire in the direction of the needed weight til i achieved 0 weight needed. but on the front i couldnt get it exactly. so i had to add a .25oz.

what might you curious about?

·
Registered
654 Posts
both front and rears, i would balance them and then break the tires back down and spin the tire in the direction of the needed weight til i achieved 0 weight needed. but on the front i couldnt get it exactly. so i had to add a .25oz.

what might you curious about?
I was just wondering how even the weld was on the widened rims. I.E. how they balanced once mounted.

I've never heard of widening a rim, but they look great.

Any pics of them on the car yet?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts