TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking for one last mod to do possibly for this summer before school rolls around.

i have the exhaust done, a CAI setup, and everything else is exterior mods, rims and SC ground effects etc, and a stereo system...

what do you suggest my next mod be? i have a switch chip for 4 programs that i bought but havent installed(need to get it reburned), i was also maybe thinking underdive pulleys...

porting and polishing is a major mod i consider. so im wondering what you guys think i should do for my next fairly cheap bolt on-ish mod, a weekend installed type of thing....

car 93 3.8L

thanks for any input fellas

Dean

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
new rear gears perhaps?:D

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks.....

so, anyone with any ideas?

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
what kind of gain do the 3.8's see with pulleys?

if its somewhat decent, I would do that.

It would be a simple "bolt-on" process.

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
what kind of gain do the 3.8's see with pulleys?

if its somewhat decent, I would do that.

It would be a simple "bolt-on" process.
maybe a couple horsepower on the seat-of-the-pants meter. For what I paid for mine, I can't really complain. If I'd have paid full price for a set, I might be a bit peeved.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
maybe a couple horsepower on the seat-of-the-pants meter. For what I paid for mine, I can't really complain. If I'd have paid full price for a set, I might be a bit peeved.
gotcha.....

btw, how ya been?

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Been pretty good . . . busy, but good (Amazing what working 40 hours a week can do to your slacking off time).

How you been? Any new toys recently :D
I've been doing better....I have recently had knee surgery, so I've not had any motivation to do anything.

And yes, I have acquired a Mauser M24/47, and a S&W 500, 4" barrel.

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
I've been doing better....I have recently had knee surgery, so I've not had any motivation to do anything.

And yes, I have acquired a Mauser M24/47, and a S&W 500, 4" barrel.
Sweet, hand artillery. :D

And to think, I was excited about picking up a used G19 tomorrow (and I still haven't finished the AR, a bunch of places are backordered out the yin-yang on AR uppers).

And smitty, I think U/D pullies wouldn't be a bad "simple" mod. If you can find a used set that would be ideal (I picked up mine here for $30). Install is really easy too. I had mine on in about 30 minutes. Removing the radiator fan to get the impact gun down there made all the difference.

Do you have anything done to the exhaust in the way of headers/96-97 manifolds? If you don't, I'd say get ahold of Thomas and see if he still offers his porting service for the 96-97 tubular manifolds.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so a set of used pulleys would be a good bet??

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'd say, considering what they go for new

Then again, you've got to pay to play.

there are only 2 for a 3.8?? so im assuming that there is no need for a smaller belt cuz the reduction in one pulley is taken up by the enlargement of the other one??

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
also by the tensioner

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
there are only 2 for a 3.8?? so im assuming that there is no need for a smaller belt cuz the reduction in one pulley is taken up by the enlargement of the other one??
You need a smaller belt as well. I've got the number at home on my laptop. I'll post it up when I get home. IIRC, the P/N is for a small-block V8 Chevy pickup.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I vote for some steeper gears like 3.55 or 3.73's. Mainly just to get the car movin from a stop a little better.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts