TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
found these American racing rims for 150. there 205/15 and there off a ford taurus so that means they will fit right?

i figure it is a great deal, because the tires are good so i can sell the stockers and get at least half my money back. here's what they look like photoshoped onto my car

if i bought them i think i would lower my car and then leave it alone for a while, scene i already got good paint and tint. what do you guys think?

·
Registered
623 Posts
205/??/15 ...What size are the tires, they look short to me. Your car will look like a rollerskate if those are 60s.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i'm going to cal the guy tomarow and probably drive down town to look at them and check if they fit. i have a feeling the tires will be small, but i can just take the tires of the stock rims and use them right?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
downgrade is size? o, 205/15 means the rims are 15" right? crap i didn't realize that till now, i thought they were 16s from looking at the picture. they sure look cool in 16"

·
Registered
933 Posts
IMO the rims look pretty early 90's. and with them being smaller, I wouldn't get them. They aren't awful looking, and for the price they aren't bad, but I wouldn't spend the time and money myself.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
I'm running first gen Taurus SHO Basketweave wheels with 215/65r15 tires and they are still small.
Basketweave?

Pics?

the black matches the tint and it will mtch the tail lights once i black them out
You are not a police interceptor. Do not paint your rims black with silver centercaps.

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
You are not a police interceptor. Do not paint your rims black with silver centercaps.

:uppoint:

not a fan of the black and silver go one solid color for your car i would have gone all dark or a very light silver.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
the 16" sport rims. (i think thats what there called) They are pretty nice as it is. But they could use paint, there a little chipped up. they would look nice polished but that's to much work, dont think it would be worth it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
:uppoint:

not a fan of the black and silver go one solid color for your car i would have gone all dark or a very light silver.
all dark would look funny with the light silver stripe. And i think there already a light silver. if i'm keeping these, maybe i should just sand down all the chips and re-paint them silver?

edit: i mistook the brake dust for curb rash. The only scratched up part is around the lugs from torch guns. They just need to be cleaned up.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts