TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of buying these 17" wheels for my car. I gimp'ed the wheels onto my car. They're Borbet LV5 painted Anthracite which according to the one review is "a real dark gunmetal metallic gray".

Whaddayathink? Me likey LOTS! I think they "modernize" the T-Bird which IMHO is a timeless design.

p.s. I'll be getting the windows tinted soon, if I get these rims the car desperately needs to be tinted!

Rims @ http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=EA6&url=/wheels/MiniWheelSearchServlet&nonWinter=true&partNum=LV570740108563A&autoMake=Ford&autoModel=Thunderbird&autoYear=1996&autoModClar=&grid=true&wIndex=9&sw=1920&vehicleColorIndex=-2&share=true

·
Registered
145 Posts
I like them. Too bad Borbet doesn't make them in 18". Personally, I've been holding out for the type TS to go "on sale". They are my favorite wheel. I'd jump on those in a heartbeat even though they're 17's. But I'll have to consider the LV5 as well.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I want either chrome or dark grey like this. I haven't found the perfect chrome rims because I'm not that much into 90's wheels like Cobra rims. I think a totally modern rim would update the car.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did make them just a tiny bit bigger than 15". I guess I only made them like 15.5" LOL

XR7-4.6, I like your rims, they look awesome, but I'm not willing to do a hub swap to get 'em :)

·
Banned
998 Posts
I think they do not look good on a MN12 IMHO. To busy looking.

That is just me.

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,118 Posts
www.discounttire.com might have something you are interested in. You could also try Brad's site on here for something as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts