TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
93 FORD TBIRD W/5.0 H.O MOTOR, CAR HAS 208,000 MILES RUNS GOOD NEEDS POWER STEERING WORK & POSSIBLE FRONT BALL JOINT CAR DRIVES GOOD BESIDES THOSE ISSUES.CAR HAS NEW TRANSMISSION(HAVE PAPER WORK),NEW ALTERNATOR,RADIATOR, SHOCKS&STRUTS,WATER PUMP,GOOD TIRES,POWER SEATS, WINDOWS,LOCKS,SUNROOF,CD PLAYER,ALARM SYSTEM,TINTED WINDOWS.

Hes asking $875 for it. im thinking i might just scrap my plans of putting my motor in a low rust 95 BIRD. i was looking through my parts list and i am missing a LOT of parts, buy time i buy all the parts im missing i could just buy another car. i figure worst case if the body is a piece of crap i can use all the parts plus the rebuilt trans is a bonus.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Those are some lousy assed pics, can't see much by them.

$875 isn't much, but you want to make sure you'll be able to put it on the road, or else you have $875 worth of spare parts.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i wonder if he took night pics on purpose lol.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those are some lousy assed pics, can't see much by them.

$875 isn't much, but you want to make sure you'll be able to put it on the road, or else you have $875 worth of spare parts.
or 800 worth of all the swap parts i could ever need :)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im going to look at it today. hopefully the guy that is looking at it before me doesnt buy it. he said the powersteering works it just leaks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The front suspension on these are notorious for being worn out way before that kind of mileage....check the strut rod bushings, lower control arms and upper control arm ball joints....all high wear areas on the MN12 chassis.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The front suspension on these are notorious for being worn out way before that kind of mileage....check the strut rod bushings, lower control arms and upper control arm ball joints....all high wear areas on the MN12 chassis.
great thanks for the info!

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Check the rocker pannels for rust. Get down on your knees and feel the entire bottom of the rockers. Then check the inside bottom of the doors along the seam. These two places are notorious for rust.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah i passed on it. too much rust, the whole front end needed replaced as well as every power steering component and it was leaking all kinds of fluids. i can deal with the mechanical issues but not all the rust.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Was it just surface rust or severe damage from rust? I paid $200 for my 93'. Body wise it is great. Just some dings.
severe damage in some spots. that coupled with the whole suspension being messed up, the power steering gone, the rebuilt transmission that was slipping baad in first gear, 2000rpm idle, oil burning on the dipstick tube causing smoke, and just overall crappy condition.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts