TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think that this set of rims will look good on my bird? I have the full set with center caps. They cost me a whole lot too. I got them for free!!!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm hoping to do the cobra brake swap soon and hope it will all clear on this set of wheels. I still have to figure out what all parts I need.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Personally, I'm not a fan. but it's not about what other people think, its about what YOU think. do YOU think they look good on your car?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think they are ok but I will know how well I like them once they are all on the car. I'm also looking at it form the point that I need the bigger rims for the cobra brakes and for the price I got the rims I can't beat it.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
One of them have a bad tire on it so I'm getting it replaced. Then I can start swapping to cobra brakes.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
If you plan on upgrading later to some fancy shoes, then I think these will definately suffice in the main time, could be worse you could have my ugly snowflake rims :D

·
smoothed and filled red pearl 94
631 Posts
i think those wheels are top 5 ugliest ever on an mn12. this is not trolling, but those wheels are a travesty and there is a reason why they were free. good luck.

-John

·
Banned
998 Posts
X2

To many spokes I think, look busy.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
My personal opinion is that you can't beat free...not a fan of those wheels, but put the center cap on, clean them up, and they might look better. Are they 16 inch? For the front cobra brake swap you need 17" wheels at a minimum*

*except for people like Mark M. TCCoA VP with his batcave cougar....he modified the cobra calipers to fit within his batcave wheels.

:D

are you running some kind of spacer? why does it look like half of the width of the tire is outside of the wheelwell?

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
You can see the sc wheels behind them, it looks like they are sitting in beside them

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
They look good IMO. Maybe get them refinished. Rim size, and how did you get these for free?
They are 17 inch wheels. And yea not the stile I like but will have to do since in the next week or so I am going to 93+ spindles and cobra 13 inch brakes. I am all so keeping my bolt patteren. I would like to have a set of 18 inch 5 or 6 spoke wheels.

Any ways I had some stock 15 inch wheels laying around form my 92 sport. I bought a 94 bird that was a 3.8 with the rims on it form a friend for 400 bucks. So now I had some 17's for my cobra swap. Any ways I fixed the 94 bird for like nothing and then tried to see if my friend wanted to buy it back fixed with stock wheels and he said no he had already gotten a new car. So I sold the 94 with the stock wheels off my 92 and made my money back and got the rims. So if you look at it that way free rims :)

Here is how one looks cleaned up part way.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
OFF TOPIC: Whats the deal with the ricer wing??
Ricer Wing??? That was on the car when I got it and it is a mustang cobra wing.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts